Part 1

Song List:

Ki:Theory- Enjoy The Silence

It's finally quiet. Everyone has gone home, except for me. I just finished the revision for my boss and I hope to God he doesn't reject it again. As I'm emailing him the project for next week's meeting, the phone rings. "This is Elise Valdés."

"Ms. Valdés, Lisa here. Wanted to let you know that the crew will be coming to your office tomorrow to re-paint it. No need to come in."

The light bulb in my head turns on and I smile. "Oh that's right. Yes, thank you for the reminder."

"Your Welcome Ms. Valdés. Have a great weekend and see you Monday."

"You too Lisa." I hang up. I completely forgot about tomorrow. I'm off tomorrow, like an actual day off. I can't help to feel relieved that my weekend starts right now and there's no time to waste by spending one more second here. I close my eyes and breath, for what seems like the first time for this day. I begin to create a list of things I can do tomorrow. I can go grocery shopping, wash my sheets, clean the oven and the stove, wash the car, maybe change the-

"Ms. Valdés?" A throat clears.

I open my eyes and blink several times until I finally register the figure standing in front of me. "Mr. Prince! I didn't hear you come in, I was just-"

"Quite alright." He interrupts, "I just wanted to know how the revision for the portfolio was coming along?" He bluntly says, keeping an intimating gaze on me.

"Just sent it to you actually. I'm confident that it meets your liking." I say as I turn my back and put some files and manuals on my bookshelf. I hear his footsteps approach my desk and I'm hesitant to face him, so I pretend to organize my shelf to avoid any face to face.

From the corner of my eye, I see that he briefly passes by my desk and stops to look out my window. He adjusts his tie, still keeping his face away from me and I take the opportunity to take him in. Evan Prince, a force to be reckon with. A man with respect, power and admiration that is widely known through the company, as well as the world. "Good to hear. I'll get back to you if I have any other inputs. Good evening Ms. Valdés." He taps my desk, meets my gaze briefly again and walks out of my office.

"You too." My voice comes out in irritation. I shake it off, his un-charmingness will not spoil the bliss that is my three-day weekend. Grabbing my mail correspondence and purse, I sigh and call it a day.

After a miraculously quick drive, I make it to the condo before eight. The sparkling lights from the great city of Los Angeles are no longer visible here, there is only the dim light posts and stars. As I approach the door to home, I hear noises from inside and I smile. Jessica is home, or I hope its her and not an intruder.

"Hey you! I missed you at yoga class." Jessica chirps from the couch.

I put my stuff down and hang my jacket. "Yeah. Long day at work, needed to get a lot done before Monday." I walk by her and head to my room. I pull out a pair of sweats and a long-sleeve and begin to undress.

"I can imagine. Completely starting from scratch again on the portfolio, you know the one you spent weeks burning the midnight oil on. Must have taken you all day." She says from the living room.