Chapter 26

----POV CHANGE PERCY----

I sliced through the last dummy. After it fell, I wiped sweat out of my eyes. Cal ran into the door.

"Percy, I found her."

I picked her up in a hug, "thank you so much Cal."

"Don't worry about it. What are older sisters for?"

"I've got to go see her," I began to walk out.

Her hand clamped around my arm. "She's been through a lot. Let her sleep."

"It's just-"

"I know Percy, but she thought you were dead, even blamed herself. She lost Nico twenty minutes ago! She'll need some time."

"I know," I sighed. "I just need to see her."

"Don't wake her up," she gave in.

I ran to the room I was almost certain Lexi was in. Scars riddled her body and her hair had become black, but it was her. She was curled so tightly, it looked painful. I sat lightly on the edge of the bed and brushed a few strands of her hair out of her face. She shrunk at my touch and began whimpering, it broke me. This was the same girl that had pinned me after barley eating for 3 years, the same one that saved me from what definatly would have been a failed engagement. This girl was strong and powerful, now she whimpered in her sleep. What have the gods done to her?

"Percy," Cal called quietly. "Dad wants you there when he blesses everyone else."

"Alright," it took mental effort not to touch her again, not to carry her away with me. "What about her?"

"He'll want to meet her in private," Lexi sat up and groaned. "You should get some more sleep Alexis."

"Lexi," she corrected, "and I've been through worse."

"I know you have," I laughed and stood closer to the bed. Her hand wrapped around my wrist so she could flip me onto the bed, sending her body on top of mine. "I forgot you had a tendency to do that."

"That's for leaving me for 4 months."

"You left first," I smiled grabbing her waist and pulling her closer. "I don't plan on letting it happen again."

"Somebody got commanding," she laughed. Her laugh was different, half her half not.

"Come on," Cal said from the door. "Percy, dad's going to freak if we're not there."

"Alright," I said while standing up. Lexi looked a little disappointed, but stayed sitting. "Oh, you didn't believe me when I said I wouldn't let you leave me," I laughed before scooping her into my arms.

"Perseus Jackson! Put me down!"

"Nah, I think I'll just carry you to the throne room."

"I am soo getting you back for this," she smiled before back flipping out of my arms.

"Quick, Cal, hide the sharpies!" I said.

"Funny, Jackson. You're going to wish I stopped at sharpies," she looked up at me.

"Sorry, I can't here you from down there."

"You're an inch taller than me!"

"What was that?" I cupped my ear towards her. Her leg swiped, hitting me in the knees and sending me crashing to the floor. "Hey!"

"Sorry," she smirked. "I can't hear you from down there."

"Very funny Lex," she held out her arm and began to lift me up until she tensed and dropped me again. She ran for the throne room with me and Cal close behind. When I stepped in, she was attached to Nico, who was tightly hugging her back.

"I thought you couldn't bring him here," I overheard Cal say to Chaos.

"I think you'll understand why I kept them together," his smile was all knowing.

Lexi drew my attention again. "Are you okay? Like actually?"

Nico's hands rested on her shoulders. "I'm fine. It's you I'm worried about. Can you-?"

She smiled cheerfully, "yeah. I'm good. Gods, I missed you," she hugged him again and smoke began to come off both of them.

"Lex, I thought you could control it," Nico hissed and pulled away.

"I don't get it," she panicked. "I can, I've had it under control. What's happening?"

Nico looked around himself and then above their heads. "Lex, it's not you. Calm down," He started to move towards her but something pulled him back. "It's okay Lex."

"What's happening Neeks?" Almost as if the universe wanted to answer, the smoke thickened and dissipated leaving the two of them. Their clothes were stained black. Giant, obsidian, feathery wings, each the length of their body, stretched out and took up the room. Lexi looked at hers confused before plucking a feather. "Neeks, am I seeing things again?"

He looked just as confused. "Jason didn't hit both of us with lightning, so I'm gonna go with no."

"Neeks," she pointed above him. Black symbols hovered above their heads. Two semi-circles with wings surrounded the crest of Nyx, which rested above the crest of Hades. "I think we're finally done."

"You're telling me it took us 7 months, to get these damn things to do something?" Nico was holding up his hand up, showing off a cerberus ring.

She laughed, this one sounding more like her. "We're done."

"Now I believe it's time I explain," Chaos stepped in. "I'll leave it to you two to explain what twins souls are, and what heirs are, but I can explain why all of you are here. Percy believes that with you he can save countless lives, fight in many wars. He needs you all to willingly join him."

"I'm in," Lexi said.

"I go where she goes," Nico responded.

Selina and Beckonford held hands and nodded their heads at me. Luke patted me on the back. "Looks like you became a leader, Jackson. Don't screw it up."

"Great pep talk," I laughed. "Let's get started."