Chapter 7

We may have gotten back to the meeting point late. Nico was pacing back and forth. Will was in a seat trying to talk Nico down. When they both saw us I wasn't sure what to think. Will looked at us with sympathy. Nico charged straight towards us like he was about to let all hell loose. Instead he gripped Hazel and me tightly which surprised everyone.

"Don't ever do that again. Please, I don't want to lose any more sisters." He whispered while still hugging us.

"It's okay Nico," I said squeezing back. "We're not ever going to leave you."

After he let go we all jumped in the van. I popped the lid on one of the containers that Percy's mom gave us. They were bright blue chocolate chip cookies.

"Yaass! Ms. Jackson makes the best cookies!" Nico grabbed one and bit half of it off. Hazel and Will gently nibbled on there's. I preferred Nico's approach so I bit a large junk off.

"We should probably save some for Percy." Will said responsibly.

"Does some now mean one that he has to fight me for? Because he might lose a finger for anymore." I said eating my second cookie.

"I agree. If you two don't want any we'll have them." Nico bit into his third.

"She said that she didn't care how many Percy got. Technically one is better than none."

I put the other tuppaware at the bottom of the bag that I had brought with me. I wrote names and cabins on stuff and organized it in the bag as well. Because it was 8 at the time that we got back I just put things onto the head councilors bed to be distributed properly. After I finished Nico pulled me into the big house. The room I was in looked looked like a war council room. Chiron stood near the back.

We told him everything that happened in the shop. "There was a prophecy. It was given during titan times so not many know it. It was so powerful that no one can speak it unless the people of the prophecy are found and claimed. The only way for you to be claimed is to be honored by the fallen. You have to find the leaders of fallen gods, fallen sons, and fallen monsters. Then the prophecy can be spoken."

"So what does Hades have to do with it?" Nico asked.

"Hades doesn't want the prophecy spoken. He also knows where the fallen are. One of you has to go and convince him not to kill you or the fallen."

"Okay I'll do it. Hestia said I needed to talk to my father anyways," I volunteered.

"You aren't going. I'll go," Nico stated.

"I'm not letting you go without me. Either we both go or I go. No matter what I'm going."

"Chiron tell her that she can't go."

"Nico I'm afraid that I can't. Not only do I belive that she'll follow Percy's footsteps but Zeus made it clear that any quests to the underworld are to be led by Lexi."

"What do I care? She's my sister and I'm going."

"If I'm leading the quest that means that I get to pick who comes with me if they want to right?"

"Yes, but you must consult the Oracle first. Then you can pick."

"So where do I go?"

"Very first cabin. Knock first. Rachel can be testy at night."

Walking alone in the dark would have been nice. If Nico hadn't insisted on following in the shadows. I could feel his presence beside me as I walked to the door. I knocked lightly and the door swung open.

"Don't you dare follow me Nico. I'll know." I walked in and shut the door. On the bed was the absolutely terrifying... teenage girl?

"So you're going on a quest?"

"How did you know that? Nobody knows that."

"I'm the Oracle of Delphi, remember. It's in my job description to know stuff," she said.

I chuckled. "Right. So you're supposed to give me a prophecy right? I've never done this."

"Yeah but it takes a little bit. It comes naturally. Come sit with me,"she pat a spot on the bed next to her. I obeyed and sat down on the surprisingly comfortable mattress.

We talked for a bit before she started having fits. She looked at my ring and complimented it. Suddenly she was shaking like crazy. Her eyes glowed bright green. Green smoke curled out of her lips. She sat up the green smoke filling the cabin.

"Four shall go west to meet death.
Three shall return to their hearth.
Two bare the unspoken curse of the night
And one shall grieve without light."

Rachel dropped back onto the bed out of exhaustion. I remembered what my mom used to tell me about people when they go unconscious. I had her shirt off and laid her gently on her bed. Her breathing stayed even. I left the room after checking all of her vitals to be within normal range.