Chapter 16

----POV CHANGE PERCY----

I pounded on the bubble. I let her go. I should have insisted she threw hers down first. Of course she wouldn't have let me stay. I had made a promise to Nico and I failed. I didn't know how I'd face him. My lips tingled lightly.

I tried to go back. Believe me. We washed up on the coast of California.  I started walking towards the street to get a cab. I wasn't going back without her.

"Dude what are you doing?" Travis asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing Travis? I'm hailing a cab and going to Los Angeles and I'm getting her back."

"Even if you could afford to get a cab," Ethan started. He grabbed onto my arm."How are you going to get into the underworld? How are you going to get to Hades? How are you two going to get out? Can you even guarantee to me that she's still alive?"

"Ethan, I'm not going back without her." I ripped my arm out of his grip.

"I don't want to either. We have to. I'm all for the no man left behind mentality but Lexi can take care of herself. I've seen her fight a dragon singlehandedly. She pinned you the first day she got to camp. She has two gods fighting over parenting strategies. She can hold out till we come back with a plan." He made me face him. He was of course right. I needed a plan first.

"Fine. Get in the water."

"What?" Travis acted nervously. Then again the son of Poseidon was telling him to go into my natural element.

"I'm getting us back to camp."

I summoned three hippocampi(half fish half horse). They got us back to camp in a day and a half. We arrived on the shores of the Long Island Sound. We walked into camp half-blood and I wanted to shrink. Miranda(head councilor of the demeter cabin) ran to tell everyone that we were back.

I walked to the Poseidon cabin as quickly as I could without running. As soon as I closed the door my fountain exploded. I slid down my door and felt like staying there forever. Water was spraying everywhere. I heard a knock on my door. Couldn't I just be left alone? I controlled the spray of the water so it formed a swirl. I grabbed the putty from my nightstand that Tyson had given me, in case this happened. The person knocked again.

"It's open. I'm in the middle of something. Just walk in."

"Percy!" Of course. I turned to see Annabeth latch herself onto me and smash her lips into mine. I remembered kissing Lexi.

I pushed her off. "What the hades?"

"What's wrong baby?" She asked innocently.

"Did you maybe forget the whole cheating on me with my best friend?"

She closed my door "You didn't really believe that did you? I mean that little girl had a giant crush on you."

"I saw it happen! I saw it twice!"

"Percy I'm not sure why you're so upset. It was a mistake. You make plenty of mistakes!"

"Yeah but none of them involve making out with your best friend!"

"How do I know that?"

"It's literally my fatal flaw! I was sitting in a forest crying my eyes out and I still felt like I would sacrifice the world for you!"

"So then let's forget this ever happened!"

"But it did happen Annabeth! I can't forget you shoving your tongue down Jason's throat! This isn't something I can live with!"

"Really? That's the straw that broke the camels back?"

"Yes! I was going to propose Annabeth! Thank the gods Lexi saved me from doing that. Leave my cabin Annabeth."

***

Nico was on a quest. Piper was with her dad getting over Jason. No one in Camp would even talk to me. I spent basically all my time in my cabin. If I did leave my cabin I was glared at. I decided to walk to the beach and ask my father for advice. I needed to get Lexi back.

The hunters were staying here for a bit and even they stayed away and shot me evil glares. Thalia stormed up to me and slapped me across the face.

"How could you? Annabeth gets pregnant with your kid and you dump her for some Hades trash? She loved you!" That was the final straw. I went to my cabin and wrote a note.

Campers
I didn't leave Annabeth. In truth she cheated on me with my best friend. I'm sorry that she lied to all of you. I hope you don't need me in the next war because I'm not coming back.

Nico
I'm sorry I didn't bring Lexi back. I know I failed you again and I'm so sorry. I wish you could forgive me but I know that you can't. She is your sister and you two are practically twins. I can't expect you to forgive me for losing her. There isn't a situation that has run through my head where I wouldn't take her place. You're like a brother to me and I'm sorry that I've failed you so much.

Thalia
You're like a sister to me and I wish you had known the truth. I don't blame you for anything. I know how much you trust Annabeth and will believe everything she tells you. I'm sorry this was how you had to find out she lied.

Lexi
I'm sorry that I couldn't save you. I would give anything to go back and get you out. I think of how I could have solved the problems everyday. I miss you beyond belief. I will find you someday.

PercyJackson

I left riptide on top of the note. I packed a bag with food, water, and a canteen of nectar. Delta had given me the package that Lexi meant for Nico and I took one of her knives. I walked up half-blood hill and out of camp, not that anyone cared. I said goodbye to the place that had once been my home.