Chapter 13

When we landed everything got worse. I did win in a fight against Percy and Ethan so I got the bed to myself. I told them I needed some air which was mostly true. I offered to get dinner from a nearby Mc Donalds. Delta and I talked as we trotted down the road.

Why not just leave one of the boys up here while you go talk to your father?

"If I tried that they'd all refuse to leave my side. The prophecy said that one of us had to stay here. It should be me."

Nico will be upset. He sent Percy to bring you home. You heard Percy when he said he didn't want to fail Nico again. And you don't have the fake pearl. Percy made you switch.

"Yeah, but it's not like I'm going to die. I'll trade them again. I'm destined to hurt anyways. I can't shake the feeling that the last line of the prophecy has something to do with me and Nico."

I suppose that you know the best course of action. That Percy is growing fond of you. I can see that you are too.

"Delta I literally just caused his break up. I don't think he'll be okay with me confessing that I might have feelings but I don't know." I chuckled. Delta always wanted me to find romance.

I walked into Mc Donalds after strapping Delta to a picnic bench. A guy walked up behind me and grabbed my shoulder. My gut feeling was to kick and run but instead I turned to him slowly.

"May I help you?"

"My wife wants to see you in the car."

"Sorry my dad told me not to get into cars with strangers." I felt oddly compelled to rip this guy's face off. He wore a leather jacket and sunglasses even though it was night time. He looked big and beefy but his hand did not leave my shoulder.

"We both know your dad's downstairs plotting your death. I suggest you follow me." I took a good like at this guy and realised who I was talking to.

"I'm sorry lord Ares. Lead the way."

We walked towards a white limo. Ares shoved me inside and slammed the door. I was face to face with Aphrodite. Being in the same car with her made me want to switch sides, fix my hair and get a manicure all at once.

"Oh goody! You must be Lexi. I heard what you did for my daughter Piper. You truly are a girl of many talents. I want to give you another one. But I can only bestow it if you face the trial of Hades and pass. I want you to do that alright?"

"Of course M'lady, but why?"

"I love a good romance. In order for yours to happen you need to be claimed as one of the heirs to hades. You can't do that without passing the trial of Hades. That ring will do a lot for you but you need the support of those who lay claim to your life. That would be Hades, Nyx, Chaos, and me."

"What claim do you and Chaos have to my life?"

"Sweetie the minute Percy Jackson woke you up that day at Camp half blood we took claim. You and Percy have fates that are intertwined," she said fixing her make up in a mirror. "When you have the support of Hades I can bestow my gift. You have my full support until you die. Ares will buy you and your friends some dinner to prove my loyalty. Maybe don't mention this little chat. I once made a promise to make Percy's love life interesting and I don't think he's very appreciative at the moment."

"Thank you M'lady."

So I got free food and the support of a goddess. Not to shabby. I walked through the door with 4 bags of food and 4 large cokes.

"How the Hades did you get this much food!"

"I walked in and some guy said he'd pay for my meal." It wasn't totally a lie.