Chapter 6

All of us walking together felt natural. Nico held hands with Will while bantering with Hazel and me about who would be the best at pranking. By the time we got to sit at the Hades table we were engrossed in conversation. We gained stares from the other campers as the Hades table had never been the center of laughter before. Typically the table was empty or silent. I could hear whispers but I really didn't care. I looked at Hestia and she smiled encouragingly. I had invited her to be with us but she gently refused and told me to go ahead.

"I've been getting a lot better now that camp Jupiter is more relaxed!" Hazel argued.

"Face it Hazel. I'm the best. Remember that prank I pulled on Frank? He stayed as a pug for a week!" Nico joked.

"Scaring the living daylights out of someone because they're dating your sister does not count as a prank," I said jumping into the conversation.

"Like you could do better?" The two asked in unison.

"I can top that. You know those led shower heads?" Both of them looked at me like I was crazy. "Well those exist. They have colored lights in them so it looks like the color of the water is different colors. My friend had it set to red. I put glow in the dark dye that didn't have a color in the water and mixed it with a little red food dye to freak her out. She glowed for like a week!"

"Dang it she did top us,"Nico confessed.

"Yeah. I like her. I'm glad to finally have a sister," Hazel said causing me to blush.

"So what do you guys want to do today? I vote for woods training," Nico said eagerly.

"How about sword play?" Hazel said patting her spatha.

"I don't use swords," I admitted. My hand went to the leather strap attached to my left leg.

"What do you use?"

I released the buckle holding the knives to my leg. I made some modifications to the strap last night when I couldn't sleep. Now the leather had twelve sheaths all of which held a six inch throwing knife. The were set in two rows; the top ones for stygian iron the bottom one for celestial bronze. I placed the strap on the table and pulled out my favorite and the only one with a marking on it. At the top of the blade was a star in a crescent moon.

"These are beautiful. Where did you get them?" Nico asked inspecting the one I had laid out. I felt the urge to rip it from him but instead I made my hand tap my leg.

"I found the bronze ones in the weapons closet here and they're nearly identical to my stygian ones. The stygian ones I got on my thirteenth birthday. At the time they were shrouded in the mist so the looked like a regular set. When I ran away I brought those with me and after I killed a snake lady with one they looked like that. That's the one that saved my life. I want great at throwing at the time so most of them missed."

Nico quickly put it down and Hazel handed back another one that she had been looking at. I returned them both to there rightful place and in one fluid motion returned the strap to my leg. I gained inspiration from Hazels spatha strap to make mine into a belt. I'd ask for leather later. Chiron walked towards us talking to the satyr that had found me.

"Nonsense Grover. They'll do fine. Nico, Hazel Lexi. I was wondering if you'd go into Manhattan and drop off strawberries. I feel that you all need to get out of the camp. Yes Nico you may bring your boyfriend. However he does need to sleep in his cabin tonight."

Hazel answered first. "Of course Chiron. We'd love to go. Come on Lexi let's get you into clothes for outside of camp. Nico why don't you go get Will. Stop by the Hermes cabin on the way. You know how much they adore people going into the city."