[viii] new side

[viii]
              [niall] [June 12, 2014] 

           I looked outside the room balcony into the sky that was a pretty mixture of shades of pink and orange, and clouds in the foreground that looked like strokes of purple smeared on a canvas. I waited patiently as time neared. I could really have some food right now, but I'm going to wait. We had a morning flight and we landed at around lunch time. After some rest that we all really needed, I'm all set. 

          Like Amber said she would, she didn't deny when I asked her if we were up for out tour around the city, just for confirmation. Instead, this time she looked a little more excited, but that's probably because she's in a new city. She's always loved travelling, and I know this time she isn't giving in to new friendships so quickly. 

          I still can't believe so much has happened in a matter of days. The days can be counted on fingers but it feels like such a long time, probably months since this has all been going on. But to think it's only around almost a week.

           Amber is here. Breathing, alive. In person I saw her again, but I didn't even get a few seconds enough to look at her until I was sure she's really there. I couldn't do that; she will think I'm a creep and I don't want that. As much over anxious I'm getting, I'm fine with it because I don't want to fuck this up now. This wasn't like one of the dates we used to have. I had to remind myself ten whole times that I need to act as though I don't know a single thing about her. And also just consider this as a day of bonding for new friend. Not. A. Date. It was so not right to say, though.

          My feet quickly padded towards the door in a total rush due to the double knocking. With a small shaky breath I opened the door to reveal a simple looking Amber. Just like always, I admired her habit of not decking up too much all the time. She stood there with the small smile I know very well, as I invited her in.

          “Well Niall,” She muttered facing the balcony, and then enthusiastically skipping there. I followed like a lost puppy, wanting to know what she had to say. “How about we ditch the touring of the city? I have a better idea,” A mischievous expression painted on her face. 

              “If it's staying in. . .” I trailed off, shrugging.

            “It's something way better. Way better than what you suggested.” She placed her palms on her hips, stating proudly. My lips curled into a tiny smile.

              “Then let's go see what you've planned.”

              I don't know how we were talking so casually even though this is the first time we're going out and that too after such a short time of knowing each other; all this according to her. I wonder how it was for her and I wonder what she thought about me. Sometimes I think, what if she doesn't end up growing a liking for me? Even a little bit which I could further enhance? I don't like to think negative, but it just happens. There is this one big worry circling above my head.

               But for now, I'm going to focus on this. .  friend time we have right now.