[i] memories

[i]

            [niall] [May 31, 2014]

          Ignoring all the calls of my name, my feet made way past all the crew backstage. Not caring about my sweaty and exhausted self and ignoring the boys running behind me, I ran faster and straight into the dressing room. The end of this concert was just what I was waiting for after disappointing thousands of people with an onstage breakdown. 

         From the small ice box in the corner I fetched a bottle of freezing water and without hesitation poured the content over my body, from top to toe. A cooling sensation passed through me and I fell down on the sofa, letting some stray tears mix with the water droplets trickling down my face. I could hear heavy footsteps outside, but I just lay there feeling nothing.

       “Niall!” I groaned at my own name knowing what was coming. I didn't want another consoling session from one of the boys and they were aware of it too. Yet they spent hours doing so. They really need to understand it's not going to help. Recognizing the voices wasn't difficult. The door clicked open, and all the boys barged in, worried expressions splattered on their faces. 

       “I tried, okay?” I sighed, running a hand through my damp hair pushing the locks back, letting out a long deep breath. I didn't want them to say anything about what just happened. Practice had gone perfectly before the show, and I was even confident enough about everything. I don't know how it just got to me last minute, everything just crashed down. “I need to be alone.” 

        I inched towards the door slowly, feeling the boys' stares burning in my back. I didn't give them another look. I simply couldn't because I knew it would turn into a conversation and they'd not let me escape from the situation. So the best thing to do right now was escape them. In matter of seconds I found myself heading towards the stadium parking. Spotting my car standing smack in the middle, I unlocked it with the digital key and literally jumped in, laying my head on the hard steering wheel. 

       I thought closing my eyes and taking a little nap would help, but it only turned worse. Violently pulling at my drenched tank top, I started the car engine. Stepping on the accelerator I made a way for the exit, and before I knew it I was driving on the road with no definite destination. Trying my best to keep the speed limit and follow all the traffic signals, I kept driving hoping it would be the way that would cool me down. 

        A specific red signal made me stop, and I slammed my hand against the steering wheel. Nope, this was not working at all. I was thankful my windows were tinted, or I don't think it would take long for anyone to notice me. Although it wouldn't matter, everyone had probably noticed the sudden increase in my temper. Breathing deep, I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, looking around for a distraction. That was when my eyes fixed on the Baskin Robbins shop on my left.

      “Well since you start your tour next week, let's celebrate with ice cream,” I smiled, Amber always had reasons for ice cream. I wouldn't say no though, when am i not ready for it as well? And I guess the tour is a proper reason to celebrate, so might as well have some of the sweet treat, possibly two scoops? Yeah, that's right.