Moving In Day

I wake up in a bed that's not mine. I nearly forgot that we stayed the night at the bed and breakfast.

Today is the day that my Dad and I officially welcome Erica into our home. She's moving in with her boxes filled with her tacky ornaments an...
I should stop because she's part of the family.

I get out of bed and start to get ready.
~
I look behind us and see that the small pick up truck is still following us. I kind of wish that it got lost, so that we wouldn't have to unpack all of the boxes.

We arrive at home and I take my two dresses out of the boot. I walk into the house and sigh when I see some boxes in the hallway. I run up the stairs and slam my bedroom door. I hear my Dad and Erica talking to one another. My Dad's voice slowly starts to get louder and I hear him stomp up the stairs.

He bursts through my door and gives me an angry look.
"Jules. I know you're angry but you have to talk to us sometime."
"I know but I just don't have anything to say."
"Everyone has something to say!"
"Well I don't! What do you want me to say?" I shout.
"Just something. Anything." He says.
"Fine! I'm 'happy' for you."

"What's your problem with Erica?"
"There's no problem!"
"Then why do you hate her so much?"
I sigh and rub my temples in frustration.

"I don't hate her." I say quietly.
"Stop being in such a strop and come and help us unpack her boxes."
He goes to the door but I don't follow him. He slowly turns around and gives me a frustrated look.

"Jules. Come down stairs."
"No." I say simply.
"What?" He asks.
"I said no."
"Fine then stay in here." He says and walks out, slamming the door behind him.

Tears start forming in my eyes but before they fall, my Dad opens the door and sticks his head in.
"By the way, you're grounded."
"What? That's not fair!"
"Then come downstairs and help unpack." He says.

I huff but follow him anyway.
~
It took us two hours to unpack everything and place things around the house. There were a lot of disks and CD's actually. I thought there'd be more stupid ornaments.

I have the duty of placing books, disks and CD's in the study. Some of Erica's books look really interesting. I put the things on the desk and place them in empty slots in the bookshelf. I flip through some of them and appreciate the smell of book.

I pick up the heaviest book and nearly drop it. It opens up to a random page and I see writing in a different language. Luckily I can read and write Russian. What's Erica doing with a Russian book?

I start to read...
11th April 2000
Mission in progress:
We have infiltrated the enemy's base and have decoded their message to the Canadians. My Agents will slowly but surely take out spies, one by one.

What is this all about? Luckily there's another entry.

12th April 2000
One of the Americans has discovered our plans and is going to reveal our secrets. We have decided that she is the only one standing in the way. We need to get rid of her.

What is this? There's one more entry and I gasp as I read it.

13th April 2000
We have kidnapped Agent 3 and we've hidden her away. She'll never be able to expose our plans now. Since we have her, we can get even more information about our enemies.

Agent 3? Agent 3 was my Mom...