Stolen Moment

I groggily get up on Monday morning and make my way downstairs. I've barely seen my Dad and Erica this weekend. Not that I'm complaining.

I get myself some breakfast and devour it in less than 5 minutes. What? I'm hungry.

I slowly make my way back upstairs and collapse onto my bed. My face is in my pillow when I suddenly hear my phone beep. I look around, trying to locate the sound. I finally find my phone underneath the duvet. I unlock it and see a text from Tyler.
Tyler
Morning, Jules
Me
Morning idiot 🙂
Tyler
Hey! I am not an idiot. Who's the one who gets over 80% on tests?
Me
...you😒
Tyler
So keep your mouth shut😝

I laugh out loud and get up. He is true although I do get pretty good scores on tests if I do say so myself.

I pick out a dress for today. It's a black  knee length dress with white butterflies all over it. I get some tights, a black cardigan and some black ankle boots out. I put my hair into a bun and add some accessories.
I check one final time in the mirror to see if I look okay and then make my way downstairs.
~
"What's the meaning of school?" I ask Tyler.
We're in the Main Hall by Tyler's locker. I lean my back against the lockers and look around, scanning the hall.
"It's for our education...and to look at boys." Tyler says, slamming his locker.
I raise my eyebrows at him. He sighs and then chuckles.
"...and in some people's cases, girls." He finishes.
I nod my head in agreement.
"Can't forget about us girls." I add.
"So? Have you texted Liam since your date?"
"No. Haven't gotten round to it. Though, speaking of the devil" I nod my head in the direction of Liam who is walking straight towards me. Tyler follows my nod and gives me a knowing smile.
"I'll see you in class." He says as he walks off.
I don't bother moving as Liam continues to walk towards me. He stops in front of me and gives me a small smile.
"Can I talk to you? Alone?" He asks.
"Of course."
~
"So, what can I help you with?" I ask Liam.
We're standing right near the boys locker room and I can smell the fading cologne mixed with sweat.
"D-did you like our date?" He says trying to find the right words.
I nod my head enthusiastically.
"Yeah. Thank you. I had lots of fun."
"I meant to do something at the end but it didn't work out. I was actually really nervous." He says as he scratches the back of his neck.
"What were you going to do?" I ask with a small smile playing on my lips.
"This." He states.
He steps forward and tilts his head down slightly. I close my eyes, my heart pounding in my chest threatening to break free of its bone cage.

"Ahem!" Someone says loudly.
I pull away from Liam as fast as I can and turn to see Dylan standing there with his arms crossed, an annoyed look on his face. I groan in frustration and give Liam a sorry look.

"What do you want, Dylan?" I ask.
"Sadly, a lot of things but, uh, that's not what I came to say." He replies.
"Oh, then what is it?
Dylan and Liam glare at each other and I automatically stand between them, getting ready to stop a fight.
"Mrs Hife wants to see you, Hunter." Dylan says to Liam.
"There is no Mrs Hife." Liam glowers.
"Dammit." Dylan mumbles.

"Can you go away now?" I ask Dylan.
Dylan gives me a weird look and I see a flash of disappointment in his eyes. He walks off and I turn to Liam.
"I'm sorry. I have no idea why he's like this." I say to Liam.
"It's okay. I just wish that he hadn't stolen our moment."