Home

Liam and I are walking side by side on the small pavement back to his house. Apparently he lives quite close to mine. My home. Which doesn't feel like home at the moment.

We are walking in silence and I can still feel some of the tears falling down my cheeks. Liam stops abruptly and turns to face me. He gives me a silent hug and when he pulls back, he raises a hand to my cheek.

I close my eyes and welcome the warmness of his hand. He wipes a few of the tears off my cheeks and then puts his arm around my shoulders. We start walking again.
~
Liam's house is huge. Like, it isn't even a house. It's a mansion. I'm not surprised, his step-dad is a Doctor and his mom is an Architect. I'm pretty sure his mom actually planned this house.

We reach the front door and Liam reaches into his pocket for his keys. I stand behind him with my arms crossed. I forgot to take a jumper when I ran out the house. Liam opens the door and moves aside for me to walk in. He's such a gentleman.

When I walk in I can't help but let my mouth fall open. It looks bigger in the inside (reference intended). There's a huge staircase that leads to what I can assume is the bedrooms. Above it is a magnificent chandelier. To the right is a door that probably leads into the kitchen and on the left is two doors, one probably leads to the living room and the other to the dining room. Liam clears his throat and I quickly close my mouth.
"Nice house." I say casually.
Liam raises his eyebrows expecting more words to come out my mouth.
"It's. Frickin'. Amazing." I say, jumping on the spot.
Liam laughs and walks to one of the doors on the left. I follow him.
"Do you want some cocoa?"
"Yes please." I answer him.
~
After we finish our cocoa, Liam leads me upstairs and into his room. I'm not surprised to see that his room is slightly messy. It's a nice room of course, with some lacrosse sticks above his bed. He walks to his closet and pulls out a long sleeved shirt and a pair of pyjama bottoms. He walks out and leaves me to change.

I slip on the shirt and see it has a big number 09 on it. I smile to myself, realising that it's his lacrosse shirt. I also put on the pyjama bottoms and fold my old clothes and place them on his desk chair. I'll have to wear the same clothes again tomorrow. Leaving his room, I go downstairs.

"Liam?" I call out into the big house.
"I'm in the kitchen!"
I walk into the kitchen and see a woman sitting at the counter on her laptop. She looks up and then closes her computer.
"Hello! So, you must be Julia. Liam talks about you a lot." She has a big smile on her face and steps forward holding out her hand. I shake it.
"Mom!" Liam says as he turns red.
"What? I think it's very cute." She replies.
I blush along with Liam.
"Liam told me you're staying the night due to some...uh family situations." Liam's mom says, breaking the silence.
I nod my head, "If it's not a problem."
"It's no problem at all! Now, are you guys hungry?"
~
We eat dinner and I find out that Liam's mom is really funny. She tells me stories about Liam's childhood which nearly makes me spit out my drink on multiple occasions.

After we finish, Liam's mom takes the dishes through to the kitchen and Liam leads me upstairs. He shows me a spare bedroom where I will be sleeping the night. He hands me a towel for a shower in the morning. I thank him and say goodnight before closing the door.

I climb into the bed and quickly look at my phone.
8 Missed calls from Dad
I switch my phone off and put it on the bedside table. My Dad will have to wait.