Happy New Year

Jess's P.O.V.

Dana was getting excited because he suspected he was getting a car for his birthday, which was January 2nd. I smiled watching him squeal and try to keep his cool. He kept bugging Aradia, trying to find out if she knew anything. She denied it as best she could, but he already knew.

A few hours later, we turned on the TV to watch the local station with Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve. I was making popcorn in the kitchen with Tyra.

"So is he getting a car," she asked me. I looked around to see Dana facing away from me, so I nodded yes.

"He's gonna freak."

"I know, it's an awesome one, too. BMW 328i."

"Nice!"

"I know. It's black. I can't wait to see his face!"

"See my face when?" Dana had walked over to us, standing directly behind me.

"Your face at midnight." WOW! When did I get so smooth...

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Then let's go watch the ball drop."

Tyra's P.O.V.

Dana was going to freak over that car. I couldn't wait for Jess to send the pictures because I knew they'd be hilarious. It was his dream car.

After Dana stole Jess away, I was left to finish making all the pop corn. As I was pouring the last few pieces into the giant bowl, a champagne glass was placed in front of me.

"It's not really champagne. It's Martinelli's Sparkling Cider," Will said softly.

"Well, thank you for not trying to get me black out drunk and taking advantage of me," I replied with a straight face. I waited a few seconds before looking at him and bursting into laughter. He'd turned a bright shade of red.

"Relax, Will. You should know my humor by now." I kissed him and he pulled me close.

"Sometimes I think you're weirder than I am."

"I have a feeling we're tied when it comes to weirdness." Just then, Dalton came running through the kitchen, screeching something undeterminable at the top of his lungs.

"At least we're not on his level of strange," Will said, wrapping his arms around me and resting his chin on my head.

Gabe's P.O.V.

Paula was running late. I was getting pretty worried because she wasn't answering any of my texts.

"Hey, has anyone heard from Paula?"

"No, I can't say that I have, Gabe!"

"Nope!"

"Sorry, buddy, no."

"Let me check...uh, no!"

This wasn't like her. This was unusual. I called. I texted. I even talked to her parents. No one knew where she was. There were two minutes left until midnight. What if she was hurt? What if something bad had happened? 

Just as I was about to grab my jacket and keys to go look for her, my beautiful girl walked through the door, soaked from the terrential rains outside.

"BABY, ARE YOU OKAY??? WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY TEXTS? I WAS SO WORRIED!" I hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Gabe. I was walking here when it started raining and then when I went to call you, my phone battery died. I'm really sorry." I just hugged her for a while.

"Paula, come here. You need to change before you get sick," Melissa said, taking Paula back to Melissa's room to dry off.

Melissa's P.O.V.

Paula was soaking wet from the rain, so I took her back to my room to get her a change of clothes. Handing her a towel so she could dry off, I walked back out to the living room only to be grabbed around the waist by Dalton. He swung me around, screaming "IT'S ALMOST TIME!!!!" I was terrified at first, but then, knowing my Dalton, I started laughing.

"Dalton, let go!"

"NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and ran me around the house.

"YOU'RE BUTT IS IN MY FACE! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU FART RIGHT NOW, RAPATTONI..."

"THEN GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA MY-"

"DON'T YOU DAMN DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE!!!" I hit him hard on one of his buttcheeks and he collapsed, carefully. Laughing hysterically, we ran back downstairs just in time for the countdown.