Strong Family Bonds

Dana's P.O.V.

We went back to Cole's place for dinner after the performance, meeting the girls there. We had a huge meal thanks to Cole's mom.

"Thanks, Momma," he yelled out to her.

"You're welcome, Cole." We said grace and dug in, though Will had devoured about half of the food before we even had a chance to get anything.

After dessert, it was time for us to go home. We all said goodbye to each other. It was hard saying goodbye to my sweet Jessica, but I didn't have a choice. My parents came and collected both Aradia and me, directing us to the car. I opened the door for Aradia and followed her into the car.

"Hey, I heard you had an interesting fan come up to you today at your meet and greet." She looked at me not with annoyance, but with a slightly somber half-smile.

"She needed to hear from someone who had been where she had."

"Are you okay," I asked her carefully. She simply smiled and nodded, attempting to hug me. Her seatbelt felt otherwise and instead of hugging me, she made slightly defeated noises while squirming and fighting against the resistance. I burst into laughter, and so did she.

When we got home, we went to our respective rooms and changed into our pajamas. I decided to check my phone before I put on my pjs.

Jess:

Hey, I miss you already. Good night, handsome boy.

xo

I sent her a message back.

Dana:

Don't miss me. I'll see you in a few minutes in my dreams.

I set my phone down on my night side table, smiling. I took off my dirty clothes from the day and managed to get my pants on before Aradia knocked on my half-opened door.

"OH, GOD! I'M SO SORRY, I WON'T LOOK!" She hid behind the door.

"Aradia, we're brother and sister now. You're going to have to get used to seeing me without a shirt."

"Sorry," she replied as she turned an interesting shade of red. I pulled her in my room.

"So what did you need?" She sat down on the side of my bed and patted the spot next to her.

"Cole's been acting weird ever since your parents adopted me. Is there something I should know?" I looked at her with comfort and rubbed her back.

"He's just not used to calling you 'Aradia Vaughns' yet." She giggled, and put an arm around me.

"Really, Dana, or are you just saying that?"

"No, really. He says he feels like you're the, and I quote, 'hot' version of me. I was insulted. I thought I was hot. Am I not hot? ARADIA I THOUGHT I WAS HOT," I melodramaticized. I pretended to be hurt by Cole's words, making Aradia laugh harder.

"Okay, okay! I believe you!" She fell onto my lap and looked up at me, trying deperately to keep a straight face.

"GIRL YOU TRY TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE. YOU RATCHET." She bolted into a sitting position, straight up and down.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME."

"RATCHET."

"BOY I WILL-"

"WHAT, GIRL? WHAT CHOO GUN DEW?" With that, she got up, did her best to look scary and got as close to my face as she could. Giving me a death-stare, I felt her poke me in the side.

"THAT. THAT IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO." She walked over to my door, turned around, stuck her tongue out at me and walked down the hall to her room.

"Good night, Aradia."

"Good night, Ratchet boy."