Chapter 12 - Wherefore Art Thou, Harry?

Start from the beginning

I sighed and just shook it off, I would probably see him in class anyways. I walked into class and thankfully the teacher wasn't here on time either, so I wouldn't have to get the crap lecture about being late for the second time this year. I ran into my seat and threw my bag on the floor, crossing my arms in front of me. I didn't talk to anyone today but Louis, and frankly I didn't want to. I was in a pissy mood and I just didn't want to see anyone. I didn't know someon that I liked so much, could piss me off so badly and ruin my entire day. Where the hell was Harry?

I turned my head and noticed Zayn sitting there in the seat beside me like always, all prepared for class with his headphones off.

"Hey!" he said with a crooked grin.

I couldn't be in a pissed off mood all day. I guess I would just have to put on a smile for a while."Hey," I replied back. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, super tired though." He answered rubbing his eyes. He didn't even look tired.

There was me on the other hand who looked like I was dead. There bags under my eyes, I had breaken out a lot in the past week and I had pounded my face with my makeup. And there was this guy who practically looked like he had just popped out of a Hollister billboard. 

"Same here," I replied, reminding myself to continue the conversation. 

We both continued to chat away, but I couldn't manage to keep my mind off of Harry. I kept hoping he would walk through the door any minute, but never did. The teacher even came and he hadn't come yet. Weird. Class was practically over now and the Mrs. Susan was signing off our last assigmnents. 

"Hey, umm, I was wondering" Zayn tapped me on the shoulder, "You doing anything after school today?" He shut his books, and wrapped his headphones around his ipod.

I stopped packing up my binders and looked up at him, "Umm, nope, not that I know of. Why?" 

"I was just wondering if you wanted to stop by our basketball game after school, you know, it's like, pretty big," His eyes traced the floor as he asked.

"Oh, you play basketball?" I asked him a little curious. He only just moved here, and he was on the team?

"Yeah, I guess I do a little bit. But after I came here, one of my new friends, Liam wanted me to join the team with him and after the try-outs we both got on well so yeah, aha I guess I do." He answered with a cute chuckle. It was cute how he had a short pause between every few words when he spoke. 

"You mean Liam? Liam Payne? The jock? You're already friends with him? Well then you're off to a great start,  I hear he's a pretty popular guy, along with...Harry." There I was, bringing him up again, just when I almost forgot about him for five minutes. "But I hear he's super snoby and rude" I added about Liam, interupting my continuous thoughts of Harry.

"Oh no way! That's not true at all, he's super nice and fun once you get to know him! He's the one who mostly showed me around, quite friendly actually." He stood up after he had gathered all his things, "He's not rude at all, one of the sweetest people I know here, well besides you.." 

I don't know if I looked as shocked as I was when he said that because he immedietly looked like he regretted saying what he said. "Well thank you, you're pretty sweet yourself." I tried my hardest not to flirt back. What the hell? This kind of stuff never happened to me, and when I say I mean it never happend to me, I actually mean it. Not like when those girls claim they do when every other guy is literally falling for them. "But it seems like you have developed a bit of a crush" I winked at him, teasingly.

His face went red and his mouth was wide, "What? No, I don't have a crush on you, I just said--" 

"Not on me silly," l interupted "On your new friend Liam. The way you described him, seems like you do!" l teased him again, poking him even harder.

He looked relieved. I didn't know whether to be offended or not at that...

"Oh yeahh, totally, were like madly in love." Zayn sarastically said, rolling his eyes and flipping his hand side to side.

I chuckled and stood up beside him,"Alright, well I better get to my next class, I'll see you later then."

I felt  him slightly tap me on my shoulder to pull me back. "So is that a yes or no for after school?" He asked, chewing on his lip, and he nervously played with the strap of his bag. 

"Yeah, sure. Of course I'll be there." I shot him a bright smile.

He smiled, "Great, It starts at 3:30, hope to see you there. Maybe I can even introduce you to my lover."

"Your who?" I asked a little too loudly.

He looked around embarassed. "Liam?"

"Oh, yes, sure that sounds great!"

Zayn had this high pitched laugh that I couldn't help but laugh along with. He winked and waved at me as he walked away in the opposite direction.

Somehow, talking to Zayn actually got my mind off of Harry...

---------------------------------

"Holy shit Niall, you're seriously going to hurt yourself with all the food you're eating. I think your brain forgets to tell you that you're actually full and you can stop eating now." Nat snatched Niall's plate it away from him. Of course, the typical bickering between the two.

"Hey! Nat give that back or I swear I'll kill you!" He reached over, squishing Louis trying to get his plate.

"I'm doing this for your own good Niall." 

"Leave me alone! I didn't get any sleep last night and the only way I can concentrate on my math text next is if I eat, so give it back!" Niall protested.

Ash groaned loudly and as always, she was the one to break up their fights. "Oh cut him some slack Nat." She grabbed the plate out of Nat's hands and gave it back to Niall. The biggest smile appeared on Niall's face once he thanked Ash.

"Fine, then don't come whining later complaining how you've gained 200 pounds!" Nat rolled her eyes, and Louis tried to calm her down making sure she didn't act up again.

"So, Rach, how was your weekend? Did your grandparents bore you to sleep?" Ash asked trying to change the topic.

I heard her, but I didnt answer. My mind was still focused on Harry...was he upset with me? Was he not at school on purpose? Was last night all one big mistake? Every time I had a situation that was bothering me, I would think about it more and more and more and it would eat at my brain until I figured out a solution or some sort of an answer. 

"Uh Rach?" Ash waved her hand in front of my face.

I forced a smile on my face and nodded. "Yeah, it was pretty boring." I noticed her staring at me, and obviously she knew there was something wrong.

I lifted my head and my eyes trailed off to the side, and there he was. I saw him walking in through the cafeteria doors. He met up with a group of his friends, greeting them the way all boys did, a short high five and a side hug. He didn't look upset...

I waited until he somehow acknowledged my presence, I wasn't too far away from him. His eyes finally caught mine. l flashed him a smile and waved at him, but he gave a smug grin back and walked away, as if he didn't even see me. 

"What was that all about? I thought you guys were like tight now?" Niall asked curiously. So everyone did notice it. 

I smashed my maccaroni with my fork and shoved it into my mouth. "Who knows, maybe he's just not in the mood." I answered. 

I don't know what in the hell was wrong with him, maybe I was wrong all along. Maybe he had a reputation for a reason, because it was true. Because everything he told me last night was bullshit. He was an ass, using a girl for a day and just throwing them away.

And of course, I had to be that stupid girl who was used and thrown away...

END OF CHAPTER 12!

Hope you all enjoyed, and of course, as always make sure to leave your comments and suggestions !! :) 
-- Rida xx