Lothar's Solution

Start from the beginning

"How many times do I-"

"No excess boozy drinking? No camaraderie and healthy competition?" Fain scowled not understanding what the man was babbling about as he interrupted her attempts to speak only t stand to his feet lightening quick.

"King Lothar I told you we-" Fain was cut off again with a wave of his hand. Gritting her teeth she watched with wary eyes as the man wandered over to a oaken cupboard behind the desk across the room. Eyeing him carefully she didn't move from the middle of the bed as Lothar swung open the doors and busied himself with a clanking of glass something.

"Ah yes," producing two heavily rimmed scotch glasses, the gleam in his green eyes shot over to Fain perplexed on the bed. His game going better planned than his sisters ideals of just letting the woman sob her eyes out over the events. With the way Fain's hawk eyes followed him Lothar was sure little of Khadgar would be mentioned if he could get enough liquor in the young woman to encourage her to sleep it off while Khadgar cooled off where ever the mage had stormed off too.

Not budging an inch Fain followed every movement the King made from across the room. Pausing over the thick rimmed glass Lothar let the carmel colored liquid squish out of the long necked fluted bottle filling the tumbler nearly to the top. Expecting him to repeat the same thing with the empty crystal ware, Lothar duped Fain as he set the bottle down with a clink and looked over at her with a devious smile.

"Strong, potent, single malt and saved for a special occasion," waggling his index finger at her the King escorted his full glass with care back to the bed Fain remained glued to. Lothar smiled at her before taking a leisurely, extensive dram on the beverage. Curiously watching him as the King didn't gulp down this one like the brew before. Instead savoring each drop of the golden brown like it really was a relative of the pricey metal. Ashen blue eyes following him Fain's under eyes remained puffy but at least no more tears stained her cheeks while she was taken to studying the normally sarcastic man faun over his beverages.

"It's brown," was all that Fain could conjure up to respond as Lothar repeated the sharing process by shoving the drink in front of her.

"It's nectar," Stubborn rebuttal from him as the warmth spread through his weary body, Lothar needing the stiff drink as much as Fain did.

"It's brown," turning her nose up at it Fain found nothing more disgusting than the odd colored drink.

"It's good for you." Lothar reasoned, needing another drink already and Fain hadn't even taken a swig.

"Says who?" a sneer flared on her rosy lips and Lothar groaned at her balky reply. Without a word he forced the glass in her hands, for fear of dropping the brownish water on her lap Fain took it regretfully. Opening her mouth to retort Lothar put a finger to her mouth and left his seat on the bed. Of course only to get the bottle of her resentment to begin nursing on it like a bottle.

"You'll forget about him, at least for a while until he gets back," subtly weaving in his reason to have come back to the room in the first place, Lothar deviously watched Fain give the drink in her hand a second look, "It won't kill you, I promise you little monster."

"Stop calling me that," Fain growled through clenched teeth.

"Or what, you'll kill me?" Taking a draw on the bottle Lothar plopped back down on the bed. This time sitting back with her, propping his feet up after kicking off his riding boots and draining another mouthful from the bottle, "You should have done that in all the mess, would have made a better cover up."

Exhaling slowly Fain closed her eyes slumping a bit as she coddled the tumbler in both her hands, "I wasn't going to harm you in the first place."

"Then stop dwelling and drink," Tipping the bottle in her direction, Fain gave it a side ways look, "It's scotch. Finest in the Kingdoms, serves only royal courts and lords in our rule."