"New Years Eve" -Cole Imagine

It was New Year’s Eve, and your friend invited you to a party. Apparently it was a really big one. You were a singer just trying to kick start your career, and your friend was a well known actress. Everyone would be at this party, but you really didn’t want to go. It didn’t matter - she practically forced you to. 

   Once you got there, there were so many faces you recognized immediately, but none that you knew. Your friend left after introducing you to someone who she thought would interest you. She obviously didn’t see your eyes pleading her to stay. Shortly after her leaving, the sandy-haired boy in front of you looked around for something. To get him out of having to talk with you, you were sure. You finally just walked away, saving both him and you the trouble. You scanned the room, and found the drinks table quickly. You took a deep breath as you filled a transparent, plastic cup with a red liquid. You turned around only to bump into someone standing behind you - just barely keeping your drink from spilling. “Watch it.” A slender brunette didn’t even look at you as she said it, and kept walking by. Well excuse you, you thought - taking another sip of your drink. This was going to be a long night.

   The room was starting to fill up as more and more people arrived. You found a vacant couch by a large window that was slightly ajar, which was probably why no one was near it - it was kinda chilly. You were ready to go home, and decided you would just sit there until the party was over. Of course nobody sat by you - you wouldn’t blame them, you were basically a nobody in their eyes. Just then your friend walked into your sight. She was stumbling and dragging a nice-looking boy with her. She spotted you and rolled her eyes as she made her way to where you were perched on the couch. “Why are you alone, Y/N?” She asked. You shrugged your shoulders - taking another drink. “God, okay. Well, me and Jeremy,” she looked at him as she said his name, smiling through glassy eyes, “are gonna go for a ride and he’ll take me home.” She never looked away from him as she was telling you this. Jeremy was her long time boyfriend - he drove you guys to the party. “I won’t have a ride home!” You said, she just waved you on as she made googly eyes with him. “You’ll find something.” “But I don’t know anyone here!” She already started walking away as you said it. You put your hand on your head.

    Suddenly the room was even louder than before and a crowd started to form around the front door. You bobbed your head to see if you could see who was here, it was Cole from the boy band IM5. You sighed. You actually liked him, his voice was good, and he was pretty attractive. You went back to people watching as your ears adjusted to the amplified noise. You felt like someone was watching you, so you looked up only to find him looking at you. He’s probably just wondering why this nobody is sitting alone on the couch, you thought. You looked down at your feet and checked your phone. It was only 10:45. This night couldn’t’ve taken any longer. Everyone started dancing to a song that just came on, and you ventured back to the drinks to fill yours up again. After you filled it, you turned to go back to your seat - subconsciously looking for Cole as you went. Part of you wanted to see if he was looking at you again. You didn’t see him, but as you neared your couch you noticed someone else sitting there. Your breath caught in your throat as you realized it was Cole. Why was he sitting by himself? He hadn’t seen you yet, because he was on his phone. You figured you would just go and sit there anyway, since there was nowhere else to sit with peace. You walked closer, he looked up - flashing a beautiful half-smile as he noticed it was you. 

   ”Hey,” he said. 

   ”Hey,” you replied, carefully sitting on the couch. It was a smaller couch so you and him sat pretty close to each other - a love-seat some would call it.  

    “Are you enjoying the party?” He asked, looking around the room at the dancing people who were getting more drunk as the night went on.