Chapter 15

Ze's P.O.V

"...Tell them I'm taking a nap or something." I didn't believe her, but I didn't get a chance to talk to her before she rushed into my old room and slammed the door. I would of followed her but there was shouting coming from downstairs which caught my attention. When I went back downstairs and into the kitchen Aleks and Eddie were in each other's faces, both red with anger.

"What did you just say?" Eddie questioned, his eyes brimming with rage.

"You heard. You never loved her! She loves you so much and you just drop her like that! You didn't deserve her!" Aleks spat at him. I could see Eddie's hands turning into fists as Aleks finished yelling. I knew what going to happen, so I decided to step in.

"Guys stop!" My yells had no impact, as I saw Eddie's fist slam into Aleks' stomach. Aleks stumbled back into the wall, clutching where Eddie's fist had collided with him.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Aleks screamed, looking like he could of killed Eddie but I stood in between them so nothing else could go down.

"And you do deserve her?" Eddie was clearly still wanted to argue causing Aleks to take a step closer to me, and to Eddie, still holding his stomach. I was beginning to get pissed off. Just as Aleks was about to retaliate, I snapped.

"NEITHER OF YOU DO!" They both looked shocked by my outburst, "Both of you dropped her! Both of you gave up on her! Both of you got her hopes up and just walked away!" My voice wasn't loud but still firm. I was only saying it to allow them to understand what they had done to her. How they hurt her. I had done it before and I didn't want it to happen to her again, or to either of them, because it was the biggest regret of my life. Eddie had sat down on a stool and Aleks just leant against the wall.

"She loved you Eddie, she still does, but you just threw that away." I looked at him, "And as for you Aleks, you could of had a friendship with her, you still could, but this," I waved my finger between the two of them, referring to the fighting, "isn't going to solve anything!" I just wanted her to be happy and she wasn't so I wanted to fix things for her so that she would be a little less sad.

"Why do you care?" Aleks broke the awkward silence. Before I could answer Eddie spoke up.

"Because he still loves her."

Jess' P.O.V

As soon as I got in Steven's room I began to gather all of my stuff and shove it in my suitcase. I knew it was a mistake going to visit. Things always go wrong for me after a while. I could of stayed back in England and Eddie could of even visited me and things would of been different. It would of turned out so different. Aleks wouldn't have formed a crush on me. I wouldn't of ruined Eddie and Aleks' friendship. I wouldn't of made Steven miss his anniversary date. But then again I wouldn't of got to hangout with the rest of the creatures. I wouldn't of got to become close with Steven again. I wouldn't of had such a good time with Eddie. I stopped putting things in my case and began to cry. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to lose my Eddie. I didn't want to not be able to cuddle Steven and play games with the rest of the guys. But I knew I was in the way. Creating drama. I let my body collapse onto the floor and sat there crying until I saw a box under the bed. It had my name written across it. I opened it up to see a whole bunch of stuff. At the top there were some letters. I recognised them. They were letters I'd written to Steven when we were together and going through our cute letter writing phase. There were old photos of us together. Presents I'd given him, like the periodic table rubix cube I gave him one Christmas because I knew he loved science. There was also a business card from the restaurant we went to for our first date. Then I found something that I'd never seen before. A small black box. I really didn't want to find what I found. A silver engagement ring with a small black crystal on the top. He was planning to ask me to marry him when we broke up. My heart weeped, my tears falling even harder. I stupidly decided to place it on my finger. It fitted so perfectly and was so beautiful. I hated myself for pushing him away and letting him go.

-------------------------------

Damn dude. Bet you didn't expect that?