Chapter 6

I had fun writing this on! Enjoy!

Jess' P.O.V

I was stood in a field with Eddie watching the sunrise. Our hands were tightly caressing each others, a smile on both of our faces. It was perfect until I heard a voice calling my name. That raspy voice. I could hear him but Aleks was nowhere in sight.

"Can you hear that Eddie?" I questioned, but Eddie was looking away. I nudged him but still nothing.

"Hello? Eddie?" I shook him, and he began to turn round. As he turned more, I realised it wasn't Eddie, but Aleks in Eddie's clothes.

"Hear what babe?" He asked, looking concerned, more worryingly like nothing was wrong. I pulled my hand away from him and stumbled backwards. I didn't know what was going on. My eyes searched the field for Eddie but he wasn't there.

"Eddie?" I screamed about, hoping he would just pop up from beneath the long grass and be by my side again. Aleks had started following me and eventually grabbed hold of me from behind.

"Shhh, calm down Jessbear!" It was Eddie's voice, causing me to spin around at lightening speed. No Eddie. Just Aleks. Tears where now streaming down my face, my body shaking frantically. What was this meant to mean? Aleks pulled me into his arms, and to be honest it was easy to accept a hug from anyone at that point. I sobbed into his chest as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear and played with my long brown hair.

"Where's Eddie gone?" I sniffled, looking up into Aleks' big brown eyes. His face was overcome with sadness, with a hint of confusion.

"Who's Eddie?" My heart stopped. What did he mean?

"Your best friend Eddie, as in Sly!" His face still remained the same.

"Do you mean James?" He laughed slightly. He was laughing about that fact that Eddie didn't exist in our lives and it broke my heart. The tears began to fall again, but harder. I wanted to get away from Aleks but he gave me some sort of comfort, warmth even. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs, my cheeks tingling at his touch. Our faces began to get closer and closer, until our lips wear against each other's. His kiss was gently and delicate.

"I love you." His voice was quite but I heard bright and clear what he said. A part of me wanted to say it back.

I bolted up, tears running down my face. It was only a dream. Why would my mind conjure up such a emotional and confusing dream?

"What's up baby?" Eddie was to my side, looking worried. Just seeing him lit up my face. I didn't want to lose him like I did in the dream. I shook my head, overcome with happiness. I laid back down, facing Eddie and pulling him close. I pecked his lips, making him look less confused. He wiped the last few tears from my face, pulling our faces together at the same time. He kissed me for longer, but still just as gently. I wanted his warmth, not Aleks'. I wanted his kisses, not Aleks'. I was sure of it, I think.