Chapter 4

Eddie's P.O.V

There was a knock at my bedroom door, causing me to put my guitar down.

"Come in." I muttered, already knowing what was coming. Jess slowly entered the room, still wearing Alex's gown. She just stared at me.

"What's going on Eddie?" She finally broke the silence. I couldn't tell her what was really going on through my brain, so I just shrugged. She stepped closer, ending up being only a metre away.

"If it's to do with this then," She took off Aleks robe and threw it on the floor. She was wearing one of my tshirts as a night dress. My eyes scanned her bare legs. Her body was perfect.

"If it's to do with last night then I shouldn't of freaked out." Her voice broke. Without thinking twice, I grabbed her by the hips and pulled her on to my lap.

"Im so sorry Jessbear. I just don't like seeing Aleks all over you. And I know I sound like your dad but he's no good for you. He's not right for you..." I hushed her as she buried herself into my chest, "...I'm right for you." I thought I said it quiet enough so she wouldn't hear but her head looked up at me, with knotted eyebrows.

"W-w-w...what?" What was I meant to say? She'd obviously heard me.

"I...uh...kinda..." Suddenly James burst in, yelling about the creature house. I looked away from Jess, in an attempt to get some sense out of James.

"There is a party tonight at the creature house and you're needed to come set up." He pointed at me, "Now!" Jess had moved from my lap, to the bed without me even noticing. She looked at me longingly, but all I could do was say, "We'll talk later."

Jess' P.O.V

"We'll talk later." Nothing is ever simple. Something always has to get in the way. I collapsed back on to Eddie's bed, my mind going crazy. My best friend had just told me that he likes me and then just left. No explanation. No apology for making me having to make such a decision. Uh.

*2 hours later*

Aleks was driving me to the Creature's house for the party, and there was an awkwardness in the air. Then he suddenly spoke when we pulled into the drive.

"I liked last night Jess," He sighed like it was a bad thing, "I mean really liked it. Just something about having you to hold made me feel...I don't know..." He looked down at his lap, playing with the car keys in his fingers. I was shocked, and partially happy, but didn't want something else being thrown on me.

"No no no. We're not talking about this until I talk to Eddie." And with that I unbuckled my seatbelt and exited the car. When I realised that he was still in the car I beckoned him to get out. Once sure that Aleks was following, I walked up to the door and rang the door bell. Dan answered.

"Hey!" He seemed excited to are me, "Eddie said you were staying with him for a bit. It's great to see you again!" He soon moved on to talking to Aleks so I went in search on a drink. I grabbed a beer from the kitchen and went in search for the others and it was no surprise that I found them in the gaming room. James was screaming the house down at COD. Jordan was obviously destroying him. Saemus spotted me, giving me a wave, before nudging Eddie who was next to him. Eddie slowly turned to look in my direction. When he saw me his eyes scanned my appearance. I had gone to the effort to look nice, putting on some leather leggings with an A Day To Remember Tshirt tucked into them. He walked over to me, smiling shyly. I opened my arms to hug him and he happily lifted me off the ground whilst holding me. It felt good and well needed.

"Hey spread the love!" I heard an extremely familiar and cute voice. I looked behind me, after Eddie returned me to the ground, to see Ze. My reaction was to jump on him, which ended up with me strandling him on the floor. Ze was the reason I met Eddie and everyone else. We had a long distance relationship for just under a year when we were younger and ended up just being friends.

"I missed you so much Ze!!" I pulled his shoulders off the floor so he was sat up. He has clearly had quite a few drinks already because he then kissed me on the lips. I guess it was his way of showing that he missed me to but I playfully pushed him away after a few seconds. Eddie was watching over us like a hawk. I knew it was time for that talk. I released Ze, grabbed Eddie's hand and took him into the hall. This was going to be a make or break conversation and I knew it.