Chapter 2

"Yes! C'mon Toad!"

"Fuck you, you're cheating!"

"Stupid shell!" Was the first thing I heard when I walked down stairs, to take my empty cup down. They were playing Mario cart, without a doubt. I snuck past the lounge and into the kitchen; placing my cup in the dish washer. I almost had a heart attack when Eddie appeared in the doorway.

"Thought you could sneak past eh?" He laughed, shaking his head.

"I guess. I didn't want to disturb your 'work'" I quoted with my fingers, laughing a little.

"Hey! I get paid for it so its a real job!" Eddie picked me up and started spinning me around. I couldn't tell him to stop because I was in hysterics. Eventually he put me down, so I took my chance and hit him on the arm.

"I hate you." I pouted, trying to give him an evil glare. He slung his arm around my shoulder and began to walk me into the lounge.

"You love me and you know it!" It was true. I could never hate him. He noticed my lack of response and giggled, pulling me closer to him, as we entered the lounge. The game was paused and James and Aleks were arguing about something.

"Jess, tell Aleks that Peach is better than Daisy!" I was expecting it to be a serious question but when James asked me that I burst into laughter.

"Well Peach is the main princess..." I started but James butted in.

"See I told you!" He stuck his tongue out at Aleks, acting like second grader.

"If you would if let me finish, I was going to say I find Daisy more interesting and a hell of a lot cuter!" The smugness on James' face had gone, only to be transferred on to Aleks' face. He lent over the back of the couch and high fived me. Eddie still was still by my side, grinning at me getting all sassy.

"See this is why we're friends!" He said proudly, "Now who wants pizza?" Everyone cheered and he went to grab his phone from upstairs, leaving me with the other two. James was sat sulking so I decided to go sit on him.

"Turn that frown upside down Mr!" I tapped his nose. It didn't take much for him to cheer up.

"You owe me a cuddle!" He grinned. I didn't really get much choice, as he snaked his arms around my waist before I could refuse. I went with it and turned so I could lean on his chest. To me James was like a cuddly older brother. Nothing more. It was only when his phone started ringing, that I slid off his lap on to the sofa next to Aleks. He looked all awkward.

"You want a cuddle too?" I laughed, poking his side. He rolled his eyes at me. I didn't care what he said, so I leapt on him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pull him into the hug. My head was resting on his shoulder and he didn't seem to know what to do.

Aleks' P.O.V

She literally just climbed on my lap. I didn't know how to react. I mean I did want to hug her, but Eddie had already had told me 'Hands off' like I was some sex craving teenager. He just wanted her to himself. We all knew he was crazy for her but she didn't seem to like him the same way. I don't know, I could be wrong. A part of hoped she didn't. I was desperate to get to know her. Alone.

Jess' P.O.V

James had to go back to the creatures house, so it left the three of us to eat pizza and play games. I was lying on the floor, controller in my hand, beating their arses at CoD Zombies.

"But you're a girl? You're ment to be shit at these games!" Aleks moaned as I beat him once again.

"What can I say? Im no ordinary girl!" I winked at him and laughed when he blushed a little.

"You're awesome, not ordinary!" Eddie chimed, but for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off of Aleks. Something about him drew me in, almost like he'd cast a spell on me. Eddie seemed to notice my lack of attention on him, and slid behind me so I was sat between his legs, on the floor, and nuzzled into my neck.

"You're far more than ordinary Jessbear," He began to whisper, "You're adorable, you're smart, you're super badass at gaming but most of all you're beautiful." Wow. My eyes instantly left Aleks. Eddie has just made my heart melt. Im a massive sucker to sweet talk and his words gave me shivers. He was one of my bestfriend, and yes I'd thought about us getting together, but what he said made me realise that perhaps the thoughts would become reality. I didn't know whether it would ruin our friendship but he was perfect boyfriend material. Not like my asshole ex's. He was so caring and kind. And he knew everything about me. I then realised that I could of been overthinking it all and he could of just been being sweet. I paniced.

"I...urrhhh...think I'm going to go to bed now..." I sprung up giving Eddie no warning; causing him to lurch forward as I got up. I didn't even say goodnight, instead rushing into Eddie's room. Yep, I completely forgot I was sharing a bed with him.

Aleks' P.O.V

I was convinced that she didn't like him, after she practically ran out the room after he whispered something to her. Eddie looked sad once she'd gone.

"What the fuck was that about?" I lightly laughed, hoping to lighten the situation. I made a bad call. He got up and glared at me.

"Oh just don't." Then he stormed out the front door. Didn't see that coming.