Chapter 14: Weird Dream Or Reality?

Kayla p.o.v

It was still somber at school. Two more people were found dead in the wood's. It was tragic really. There were people crying like they just lost everything. I felt like I could feel their pain.

"Hey Kayla", Sasha said chirpy.

How could she be chirpy at a time like this?

"Hey".

"Did you hear were having a memorial intead of actual classes today?", she asks.

"No", I reply back.

No one told me.

"Well it starts at 10:00“.

The hour seemed to pass quickly. Everyone was making their way outside, to the front of the school. Where the memorial was being held. Everbody was given a different type of flower on the way outside to place on the graves.

"Even though I didn't know the victim's, I feel like crying for them", said Alexis.

"Yeah. I know what you mean", I said and looked at her. Giving her a reasurring smile. But it was sad.

Innocent people died and what's even worse is that no one fully know's what the cause of death. This time, it didn't look like an animal attack. Their families would never have closure. Not knowing what really happened.

The principal start's speaking.

"Last night and a few day's ago, a tragic thing happened. And why were having this memorial, it's to remember those people who died and it's the right thing to do. For people we've known for year's. And I think it's right to have a minute of silence for respect", he said sadly.

We were silent for a minute. It wasn't completly silent. You could hear the heart wrenching sob's of people. It was almost painful. There was music playing in the background. Ungodly Hour, by The Fray.

After the silence, the principal spoke up.

"Would anyone like to say a few word's.?", he askes.

A girl with a tear stricken face raises her hand up. She walked up to the stage. You could see it on her face. It was struck with grief and loss.

"Brad was the best boyfriend anyone could have. He was caring and he couldn't hurt a fly. He always said,'live now, think about the consiquenses later", she said with a smile and then continued.

"He was a great friend, brother, boyfriend and son. He was so selfless. And so for this to happen to someone like him is so tragic and unfair. Love you Brad", she said and walked to his memorial stone and placed a lillie.

"Heather was alway's there for anyone who needed her. She was always persistant and strong. I remember when my boyfriend broke up with me, she trashed his car, broke into his house and trahed it", she gave a shaky laugh and went back to memories of her.

"Will and Aaron were great guys. Always stood up for what's right and I'll never forget them''.

The memorial service ended with each of us dropping our flower's at the victim's grave's. I had four white roses for each one. The rest of the day was just as somber as earlier. Just when it hit 2 pm, I decided to go home early. I took Olivia with me.

"Today was an emotional day", Olivia started. She sounded sad.

"Yeah it was. Are you okay?", I asked worried. Something was troubling her.

"No", she said and that's when she started crying.

"It'll be ok Olivia", I hugged her soothingly.