Prologue

"Yah, yah." a peice of crumpled paper hit the back of my head as i groaned in frustration. It was in the middle of the class, and not just any class, but biology, which is taught by the schools discipline master.

I turned my head to the back, looking at Mark. "What do you want?!" i half whispered half shouted. "Help me copy the notes." i rolled my eyes at him. "You're not a three year old, do it yourself." i looked back at the board, continuing to copy the notes. More crumpled pieces of paper hits my head as i turn around, glaring at him.

"What now?!" i said a bit too loud and Mr Kim noticed. "Yes miss Lee? Do you have a problem?" "Um, no sir." i mumbled. "What? I can't hear you." "No sir." " And you Mr Tuan?" "Nope" he said popping the 'p'.

"Both of you, detention after school." he sternly stated as he returned back to teaching the class. I rolled my eyes. This is not the first time i have experienced this so i was not that amused or shocked. My parents are working overseas and i don't contact them a lot, maybe only once or twice a month, just for them to transfer money into my bank.

They don't ever care about me, or my older sister, who is an independent  woman, working as a fashion designer and having a family of her own. They only care about work, I usually describe them as 'wokaholics'. They rarely come back home or even visit. I live on my own, in a hotel that is owned my my uncle.

I promised to pay him back when i find a job but he was kind enough to let me live there for free, but only for the time being. He is like my second father, always looking out for me and caring for me, and of course my sister, i love him a lot.

Without me knowing, everyone already headed for lunch break as i was staring into space, daydreaming.  Sena, my best girlfriend came in front of me ad snapped me out of my trance. "Yah, its time for lunch." "Oh, sorry." i apologised and smiled. She was the best friend i could've ever got. In my middle school, my "friends" only used me for money, since i was born into a rich family.

They used me like a toy, once they've played with me, then throws me away. Ever since then, i didn't trust anyone anymore. Sena, however, is also born into a rich family. She held me up and has always been there for me. So i treasure our friendship a lot. "Kimmy." Sena nudged me as i looked at her. " Ya know what day is it today?" It took me awhile but i soon remembered. A big grin formed on my face.

"Happy 13th anniversary babe!" we both hugged each other. We have nicknames for each other, she calls me "kimmy" and i call her "babe". Don't ask why though, because we don't know. "Let's go shopping, then watch a movie, then you can come to my place for a sleepover!" she already planned out everything.

*After school*

"Babe, i have to go for detention." "Again" "Yeah, he's so annoying ya' know." "That leech." we both said and then both rolled our eyes. "Wait for me at home, I will go there straight after detention." "Okay." She then went home.

I sighed, looking at her figure slowly fading away as she goes back home. I dragged my feet to the detention room which is pitch black and empty. "That leech." i said as i took out my phone and sat on a seat. Since Mr Kim has a meeting today, or should i say every Friday. Yes, i memorised it, he won't be finished till 5, which then, detention is already over, so i could happily use my phone without any interruptions, or so i thought.

The doors were pushed open and a figure, no wait, two figures came in. I looked up to see Mark, together with Mitch, the schools queenka. She may look pretty, but you will never know how much plastic is hidden under her face and body, or how much make up is on her face.

I looked at them in disgust as i proceeded to look at my phone, finding the latest kdrama. Mitch, or as i like to call her, "bitch", used to be one of those "friends" that i told you. That's why i hate her so much.

While i was busy watching my kdrama, they keep being all lovely dovely, what a cute couple, i rolled my eyes as i looked back at my phone, which was not in my hands anymore. I looked up to see Mark smirking while holding my phone. "Watching kdramas again eh?" he glanced at my phone as i attempted to snatch my phone back, but failed. "Yah, give it back you.."

"You what?" he said as his face came closer to mine. Our faces were just an inch apart, his hot breath could be felt on my skin. Light pink tint crept up my face. "You asshole." I spat as i stomped on his feet, making him drop my phone. My fast reflexes caught my phone and i gave out an relieved sigh. I glared at him as he smirked at me.