fifteen.

we're at chapter 15 already
mad ting sad ting.

i apologise for my sudden road-man outburst, it won't happen ever again.
_______
fifteen-> sophias point of view.
TBH I dunno why I write that^ I never change the pov anyway so wtf & sophias dress for this chapter is at the top/side or whatever it's called lol. Also idk if I gave Sophias mum a name but if I did it's now legally changed to Lisa.

•~<~>~<~>~•

I'd just finished straightening my hair and doing my makeup when my mum called.

"Sophia? We're leaving in five are you ready?"

"Shit!" I whispered.
"Yeah I'll be two minutes."

I opened my wardrobe and grabbed the first thing I saw, my old black halter dress.

I matched it with a pair of black heels and my clutch bag.

I went downstairs to meet my mum and then we jumped in a taxi and left.

As we approached the venue I was starting to get nervous, we were obviously going to be on the table with Jonathan, Ella, Jack(the other kid) & Charlie.

My palms became sweaty and I felt sick.

This was one of those fancy events where they announced your name as you walked in and then you'd go and socialise for a bit before sitting and eating, then the actual presentation would begin and people would get awards and be recognised for their hard work. Then after that all the people that wanted to stay would get pissed and party all night.

Great banter.

We entered at the top of the stairs and I nearly fell down them when the announcer spoke into the microphone.

"Mrs Lisa Young and her daughter Sophia."

We walked down and everyone looked at us.

When we reached the bottom a few people I'd recognised walked over to my mum and spoke to her.

Then I heard an extremely familiar voice come from behind us.

"Lisa, Sophia, so glad you could come!" Ella said, then she showed us to our table which we shared with the Coopers and another man called Terry, who worked in the office and came alone.

We took a seat in our designated spaces.

Luckily, I wasn't placed near Charlie, in fact I was directly opposite. Which to be honest was probably worse because everytime I looked up he'd just be there. Reminding me of how stupid i'd been to think he'd remember me.

Everyone on the table started speaking about work and fantastic new offers, except Jack who had gone to play with some other young kids and me and Charlie who just sat listening in boredom.

I came to the conclusion that if I had to listen to another second of business talk I'd probably jump off a cliff so I decided to excuse myself.

I sat on a bench outside and watched the sunset. The colours blended perfectly with each other & created a beautiful setting along the horizon.

"It's pretty isn't it?" I heard someone behind me say.

He came and sat beside me so we could watch the sun go down together.

"Yeah but it's bloody cold." I laughed.

I looked out the corner of my eye to see the person was Charlie.

Charlie nodded and laughed with me. Soon after I felt a warm blazer wrap around my shoulders, smelling of strong aftershave. Yet not too overwhelming that it made me feel sick. At first I flinched but when I realised it was friendly behaviour I became more comfortable.

"I had to get away from that work talk." I said.

"Same, if I had to hear that for another minute I'd probably jump off a cliff." Charlie giggled.

I smiled.

"I remember the first time I heard them, as in your dad and my mum, talk about business. You probably won't remember but we came to your house and I got bored so I came up to find you. However you were in a towel when I did and everything got a bit embarrassing from then on." I giggled remembering the situation vividly, as if it had just happened.

Charlie just smiled back at me and then at the ground, most probably out of pity.

"I'm trying my hardest to remember everything." He said.

"Yeah, I know." I nodded.

"Do you think I'll remember?"

"Remember what?"

"I don't know, stuff, school, people, you."

My cheeks reddened and I looked away.

"Yeah I guess." I said, not daring to make any eye contact.

I looked up at him and his face looked sad for a second, just a second. After that all his emotion had vanished just as quickly as they had appeared.

"The-um- the music is pretty loud." He laughed, breaking an awkward silence.

I nodded in response, from outside you could hear 'Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur' playing.

Charlie stood up and put his hand in front of me. I gave him a confused look causing him to giggle.

"Stand up dickhead."

I started to laugh with him and finally grabbed his hand to stand up.

As I got on my feet he twirled me round so I was right infront of him. His hands grabbed my sides and mine fell around his neck. We started swaying back and forth along to the rhythm of the music.

"I'm surprised you comeback to me, I did treat you like shit for a while." He whispered looking into my eyes.

"What can I say." I sighed looking back.

"I'm a very patient person."