Liam’s POV

My head slips off my hand and I jolt awake. I’d been doing that all night, trying to stay awake to keep watch over her. I knew I shouldn’t have left her at the ATV place, but I’d been so angry I couldn’t think straight. The boys always said that I was the scariest when I was angry, but even they had never seen me like that. I had to get out of there before I did something stupid. I drove as fast as I could to get away and the ATV overheated and broke out there. Still I didn’t care, as blinded with rage as I was. How could someone do something like that to an innocent girl? It didn’t make sense. Paul eventually found me, but I still hadn’t been able to calm down. I’d been so furious when I got back last night. I’d come here, determined to find out the asshole that did this, but when I saw her curled up in the shower, shaking as if she’d been in there for hours, I just about lost it.  I’d always seen her as strong. Not needing anyone to take care of her. But the way she couldn’t bear for me to touch her, even when it was only removing her shoes, it just about killed me. I’d done this to her. I’d made her relive it.

Her eyes flutter open and it’s not long before she rolls over and throws up over the side of the bed. “Shit,” I mutter as I jump out of the chair. I was sore all over from my sleeping position. Grabbing the empty ice bucket from the counter, I hurry back over to her and hold it under her mouth, barely making it as she throws up again.

“You’re ok. Everything is fine,” I say trying to soothe her when a whimper escapes her mouth. I lightly touch her hair, petting it back but she flinches. I withdraw it instantly a feeling of pain sweeping over me. “You’re burning up,” I say quietly. The brief touch of her forehead felt like fire.

“I’m going to get Paul.” He’d know what to do. Once I make sure she’s got a hold of the bucket, I get to my feet and head out the door. I almost run into Lauren as she steps out of her own room.

“Oh,” she says in surprise. “I was just coming to see how she was. Is she any better?” she asks worriedly.

“No, she’s not. Can you go in there and watch her? I’m going to go get Paul. We need a doctor.” Her concern grows and she quickly nods her head.I go one way and she goes the other as I head towards Paul’s room. I rap loudly on the door and it’s not long before he appears in a bathrobe.

“What’s wrong Liam?” he asks, reading the worry on my face.

“It’s Elodie. She’s sick. I think she’s going to need a doctor.” He nods and I wait impatiently in his doorway as he pulls on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I follow closely behind as he heads back to her room and I see Lauren crouched down next to her, petting her hair like I’d tried to do before she flinched away. She steps back as Paul approaches and he lays the back of his hand over her forehead before giving a nod of agreement.

“I’ll call the doctor,” he says. “Liam, I want you to stay away and tell the other boys to also. We can’t have you guys getting sick.” Fuck that. Paul steps out to call the doctor and I grab a chair, pulling it over to the side of the bed.

“Liam, you’ve got interviews today,” Lauren reminds me.

“Not going,” I say bluntly.

“Liam, I don’t think--”

“I’m not going,” I repeat.

“Ok” she says, holding up her arms in surrender. She backs out of the room, most likely heading to her own, while I watch over Elodie. She was asleep again.

“Ok, c’mon Liam. It’s time to get ready to go, the doctor is on his way,” Paul announces as he walks back in.

“I’m not going,”