December 13

-Hazel's Point Of View-
"Mom, can Emerson and I go out today?" I ask as I walk into their room. "'Go Out' as in a date?" I hear my dad ask from their small living room area of their room. "Yes, as in a date. Can I Mom?" I ask her. "Make sure he brings you home by 10." My mom says. "9:30!! SHARP!!" My Dad yells. "Ten" my mom whispers at me, and I smile at her. We've always had that kind of special connection. "Thanks Mom." I say before heading out their room, and back to mine to get ready. I check the time on my phone. 5:30. I'll have half an hour to get ready, because Emerson said he wanted to leave at 6. I text him to let him know I can go.

H- My parents said yes!
E- yay :) will leavening at 6 give you enough time to get ready?
H- plenty. How should I dress.
E- Casual is fine.
H- okay :) I'll send you picture later too make sure it's okay.

I set my phone down on my bed and start on my make-up and picking out my outfit.
__________

     In the end, I settle on a red dress with a white collar

H- how this?
E- you look beautiful.
H- :)

We meet out in the living room a few minutes later, where Rosie and Harper are watching a Doctor Who Christmas Special. "You look so cute. Where are you guys going?" Rosie asks me. I shrug my shoulders. "Just out to eat," Emerson says, "Speaking of which, we should get going. I made reservations." "See ya guys later." I say waving and walking down the hall with Emerson to the elevator.
__________
We end up going to a nice restaurant near Times Square. I order chicken alfredo, seeing as it's one of my favorite foods.

"Emerson, can I ask you something?" I ask, setting down my fork

"Emerson, can I ask you something?" I ask, setting down my fork. "Anything." He says. He's not dumb, he knows I'll ask him about his family.
"What were your mom and Dad like before all this?" I ask waving my hand in a circular motion. He thinks for a moment before answering. "Before the 'now', I loved them. They were kind and loving. Like any parent should be. They tucked me in at night, and always said good morning. They always make Christmas the best time. At least, until a year before they got divorced. All the did was fight. About everything. About whether one of them didn't put a plate on the sink, or if one of them made dinner last night and sure as heck wasn't making it again tonight. I didn't know why they were fighting I thought they were in love. But in the end they divorced. One night, when they thought I was asleep, they even fought about who had to keep me. My dad lost that one. My mom just up and left one day, and left me with my dad. No goodbye, no nothing. All I did was remind my dad of my mom. So he sent me away to the base. I'm glad he did." He finished. I reach for his hand across the table. "I'm so sorry." I say. "I've come to terms with it. I don't need him, and he never needed me. That's all there is to it." Emerson says giving me a smile. "I'm still so sorry. Sometimes I feel like I can't relate to anyone but Chase. You've all had horrible past experiences. Everyone thinks my past was just perfect. And it was. Of course, I had my problems too. They were never as big as yours though. My parents have always loved me and wanted me to be them, and them with me." I say. "I love you none the less, perfect, or imperfect past," Emerson says, "besides, I should be thanking my dad. Without him, I never would have been with you now." He says. I smile at him. "I love you." "I love you too."