December 4

December 4th:
-Hazel's Point Of View-
     Chase, Emerson, Rosie and I climb out of the back of the taxi. Back in Times Square again.
     Harper's mom is back from her business trip now, so she's at home with her family. When we went shopping a few days ago, we mostly bought decorations, and we could only carry so many bags. We're back here in Times Square to finally do some gift shopping.
     "Let's go in there." I say pointing to Forever 21 across the intersection. "Alright but then let's go get some food." Chase says. "But we just ate lunch." Rosie says. "Yeah, but my dad made it, so it was gross." Chase says. "Okay true." I say. The cross walk sign turns green, and we walk across street. I weave in and out of the people coming the other way, while trying to keep my eyes on Emerson so I don't lose them (seeing as he's the tallest). I catch back up with them. The snow blows all around making everything look even more beautiful.
"Let's go in, I'm cold." Rosie says pushing open the doors. The white walls and floors make it really bright inside.
"This place is huge." Chase says. I pull off my hat and gloves and stuff them in my pocket. "Why do I feel like I'm gonna buy more things for myself then other people?" I ask before stopping to look through a rack. "Maybe because your selfish." Chase says. "What!? I am not. Your a Stark, selfish is your middle name." I say. "Shhhh... keep it down." Rosie says. "Oops."
__________
We leave the shop about an hour later after finding a few gifts for people. "So where are we eating?" I ask Chase as I put my gloves back on. "There's Red Lobster. Or bagels." Chase says. "2 very different options. I vote bagels." Rosie says. "Me too, I want bagels." I say. Chase points in the direction of the restaurant and we start walking. "Aww look at the dog." I shake Emerson's arm and point to the husky puppy in the distance. "Yes I see the dog." Emerson says with a laugh. "It's so cute and I want one." I say. "If this is you trying give me hints on what you want for Christmas, I'm NOT getting you a dog. Your parents would kill me." He says, holding my hand. "Who cares what they think." I say. "Me if I want to keep being your boyfriend." Emerson says. "So I have to choose you, or a dog? Sorry Emerson, I can't betray the dogs." I say. "You don't mean that." "No, I don't." I say, and I laugh.
We walk for a few minutes more passing lots of stores we want to come back to. "Do you think you'll get a gift for your dad?" I ask Emerson.
Before he can answer a man ringing the bell for the Salvation Army says "Merry Christmas."
'We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.'

    "Merry Christmas to you too, sir

"Merry Christmas to you too, sir." I say. I A $5 bill out of coat pocket and a few $1s and drop them in the collection container. "Thank you very much." He says to me as Emerson and I walk away. "Sorry, back to my question." I say holding on to his hand again. I look to make sure Chase and Rosie are still ahead of us. "Oh, I don't really know yet," He starts, "I don't even think he'll get anything for me since he wasn't there for me during all those years. Why should I get anything for him?" "I guess your right." I say. "Here's the place." Chase steps back a few steps to meet with us, and motions to the building. "Pick-A-Bagel."

The bells on the door jingle as we step into the warm building

The bells on the door jingle as we step into the warm building. "Oh this looks so good." I say. I walk up the glass case with vats of flavored cream cheese inside.

We place our orders before sitting down at one of the empty booths

We place our orders before sitting down at one of the empty booths. "What did you get Rosie?" I ask pointing to her drink. "Peppermint mocha." "Oooh can I try?" I ask. She nods her head before eating a bite of her bagel. "Ouch, I burnt my tongue." I say setting the drink back down. "Oh yeah, by the way, it's hot." Rosie says and smiles at me.