Chapter 21

Katelyn's POV
  I woke up early the next morning to see a blue dress hanging in the wardrobe. The dress was a dark blue, with no sleeves, floor length, and had a diamond pendant on the waste. Attached to it was a note:
           Hello Katelyn,
     I would appreciate it if you would wear this gown and join me downstairs in the throne room.
           See you there,
     The High Priest of O'khasis- Zane Ro'Meave
       I sneered, crumpled the paper and threw it on the ground. Okay, I thought to myself , if he wants me to wear it I'll gladly oblige.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      I looked at myself in a mirror and smirked. I had made some...changes to the dress. I put my breastplate over the dress, along with my chainlink armor sleeves (so I was less exposed), and instead of wearing the blue heels provided I wore my black combat boots. I looked great. Fierce, in fact. I threw my hair in a French braid so it was out of my face and was about to leave my room when I saw something. In the corner of the room I saw a chest about two feet long, I don't know how I didn't notice it before. I walked away from the door and opened the chest. I was shocked. Inside was a wide array of weapons. I saw a sword, bow and arrow, daggers, and...claws. I quickly grabbed them and placed them under the back of my breastplate so they wouldn't be seen. I took two daggers and hid them in my boots. Taking one last glance in the mirror I left the room.
      The stairs were easy to find and I took them two steps at a time eager to see Zane and rip his throat out. I took a left and almost passed by a doorway before I heard someone call my name.
        "Katelyn, I see you've come." The voice made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
        I walked into the room to see Zane's eyes widen as he took in my appearance.
         "I hope you don't mind," I growled "but the dress wasn't really my style." I put my hands behind my back in case I needed to grab my claws.
         "I don't mind at all" his eyes took in my appearance again and I saw something flash behind them, "in fact.." he stood up and swaggered toward me. "You don't look half bad" he whispered the last sentence and he looked at me hungrily.
         I swallowed my fear, "Stay away from me!" My voice almost broke
        "Or what?" My hands slid into my claws behind my back.
         "I said sta-"
         "This will have to wait for later" he interrupted, "we have business to attend to." My hands shook. "Father please, bring it in"
        Garte entered the room holding a box about half the size of me.
         "Now Katelyn, would you like to see what happened to your beloved Jefforey?"
          Jefforey? What?
         Garte opened the box and I saw Jefforey, or what was left of him. His body was mangled, his arms and legs pointed in wrong angles- I couldn't look and turned away.
          "He was found just outside Phoenix Drop, the rest of your friends should be here soon as well. So it's either join me in my conquests or join your friends in the dungeons....set for execution. Or worse."
         "I will never join you!" I screamed and launched myself at him, swiping at him with my claws. He easily dodged and I realized I was out of shape, I was too weak to fight. I ran at him again but was grabbed by Garte. "Let me go!" I squirmed in his grip but couldn't get free. Zane just laughed.
         "Take her to the dungeons." He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Maybe I'll come visit you later" he eyed my body.
         I spit in his face, "Buzz off!"
        My face burned as I realized he slapped me and I could feel my face go red in the spot. Garte pulled me out of the room and I stumbled after him. Leading me to the dungeons he threw me in a cell and ripped my claws off my hands. Then he left. It was so cold.

                             Travis' POV
          I was woken up in the middle of the night by Aph screaming. O'khasis guards were grabbing everyone in the treehouse. I jumped up only to get hit in the head and my arms pulled behind my back. We were overcome in minutes. We were put in shackles and led to a ship. First me, then Garroth, Laurence, Aaron, Aph, then Dante. Aaron kept glancing at Aphmau, and Garroth at Laurence. Despite the situation I shook my head can't Garrence just happen already. (Sorry I had to)
         I was pushed below deck, all of us thrown in cells. I knew where we were going, and I knew it wouldn't be good.

Slowly Healing- A Travlyn FanFiction (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara