Chapter 9

Katelyn's POV
          I woke up to Travis tossing and turning beside me. He must be having a horrible dream, he was sweating and gripping the grass beneath us white knuckled. His breathing was heavy. I leaned over and was about to wake him when he jolted upright with a horrible scream. He put his head between his knees and it looked like he was crying.
           "Travis..." I put my hand on his shoulder and he jumped with a gasp. His head whipped around, his bright green eyes focusing on me.
             "Don't you ever leave me" he whispered as he pulled me into a hug
            I didn't know what to do, what to say, I had never comforted anyone before except for Abby after.....I slowly reached up and rubbed his back the same way I rubbed her's to comfort her after I broke the news of Jeffrey's death.
           "Travis...are you okay?"
           He hugged me tighter "I am now, just...don't ever leave me"
             I returned the embrace, "Never, I promise"
             I hadn't realized that I buried my face in his white hair and I looked up to still see everyone else around us still sleeping.
             Taking Travis' hand I told him, "Come on, let's go steal some breakfast from Kawaii~Chan's house."
                He shook his head yes still staring at the ground. His face was pale and his eyes were bloodshot from crying. I wiped away his tears and led him to Kawaii~Chan's. Once we were inside Travis went and sat in the corner, curled up in a ball, How bad was this dream? I tried to find some eggs or bacon, but everything in the cupboards was sweet. Having zero experience cooking anything besides eggs I figured pancakes wouldn't be too hard to make.

                         Travis' POV
          So it was just a dream, but I held Katelyn's hand not ever wanting to let go. She led me to Kawaii~Chan's house, where I sat in the corner, trying not to think. Eventually Katelyn came over with a plate over pancakes for me, slightly burnt, but they still looked good.
           I wasn't in the mood to point it out, but Katelyn looked beautiful, even if she did just wake up. Her hair was down and her eyes were bright and alert. But her face wore a look of concern, instead of the beautiful smile of hers that I love so much.