Chapter 20

Katelyn's Pov

Two months, I thought to myself. I thought I could do this on my own, I was wrong. After about a month of looking for my relic(and not finding it) I gave up on that. I went to O'khasis and tried to fight Zane, just one of my many mistakes. He beat me, threw me in a dungeon, and I haven't seen sunlight in weeks. I was always so cold these days.

I heard the door to the dungeon open and slam shut. "Up you maggot!" He had blonde hair and blue eyes, he almost looked like Garroth, but older...

Feeling myself stand up, hearing words come out of my mouth, "What, are you so controlled by your corrupt son that your just a guard now, Garte?" I growled.

Something flashed in his eyes, but he just laughed and unlocked my cell. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the dungeon and up 5 flights of stairs. It was only then that I realized we were in the castle owned by the Ro'meaves. He shoved me into a huge room, fit with a huge bed, a wardrobe, desk, and bathroom.

"Why am I here?"

"Zane wanted you to look presentable for your...surprise." he sneered. He left the room, shutting the door behind him.

I groaned, flopping down on the bed, which was softer than clouds. I turned to my left, seeing the bathroom door was open. Entering I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep, my hair was matted in places, my face was pale as snow, and I was so skinny. They hardly fed me down in the dungeon. I stripped off my sweat and bloodstained clothes and saw the bruises and scratches all over my body. I shivered, not realizing I was cold.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I stepped out of the bathroom not long after wrapped in a towel, my wet hair dripping on the floor behind me. I felt so much better, I felt clean. I went to the wardrobe to find a nightgown inside, I put it on and fell into the bed.

Travis' POV

We never found Jefforey's body. We never found Katelyn either. I visit mine and Katelyn's place daily now, the waterfall reminds me of her. Irene I miss her so much, I just want one sign that she's alright, just- I felt a shock run through my body. The same feeling I got when Aphmau's relic awoken.

Katelyn...she was okay. And her relic was going to find her.