Chapter 4

Travis' POV
          I stepped off the boat and took a breath of fresh air, finally, no more salty air.
          I turned and tried to find Aphmau and ask if she could show me around the village, but ended up bumping into Laurence instead. "Hey Travis, need someone too show you around?"
           "Yes please" he nodded and brought me around the village, to meet people, and finally to the treehouse where Aph, Laurence, Garroth, Katelyn, and all the others (soon including me) stayed in. He pointed to a bed in one corner of the room " Thats an open bed if you'd like to stay there."
           I nodded, "Thanks Laurence."
           "No problem, I'm gonna go find Garroth, if you need anything I'm always around." With that he left.
          I decided to go explore the woods around the village and get my bearings. I took my red sword and shield with me as I walked away from the treehouse.
        The woods were so dense, I could barely see a clearing a few feet in front of me, I was about to enter when I heard voices. 
          I hid behind a bush and listened to the first voice, "GAH! How did you come at me so fast?"
             "Well maybe I just-" I then heard the sound of  metal against metal.
            I heard a thump "Ah! What are you doing Travis, I thought we were sparring?"              
          Travis? I thought in my head, I recognized the voice to be Katelyn's, who is she with if I'm right here?
             "Travis" started to speak again, "You naive girl, we were never sparring, he wants you dead!"
              I heard Katelyn spit on the imposter, "Who wants me dead!?"
             "Oh, not just you sweetheart," the voice said, "He wants Aphmau dead most of all, you and Garroth are the second priority."
            "Who!!" Katelyn yelled
            "Who do you think killed your friend, Jefforey was it?"
             I'd had enough "BACK AWAY!" I yelled jumping out of the bushes and pointing my sword at the fake me. As I did the me turned into an O'kassis guard. I charged forward and as I did the guard smirked and vanished.
             I turned towards Katelyn who had a look of complete shock on her face, "Zane wants us dead" she said in a shaky voice, "He wants us all dead." She fells on her knees and started to cry.
             "Katelyn, Katelyn it's ok," I whispered as I held her in my arms.
             "He- h-he-"
             "Shhh," I said, "It's okay, he's gone"
             "HE KILED JEFFOREY NOW HE WANTS TO KILL ALL OF US!" she screamed and cried harder
             "I won't let anything happen to you Katelyn, I promise" With that I picked her up and carried her back to the treehouse.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
            FYI- Garroth is in this because the whole Irene dimension thing never happened and Phoenix Drop is in shambles because of the war against Scaleswind. Mkay, I can do that cause it's my story!