Chapter 8

Travis's POV
I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and a slight breeze in the air. After the camp fire last night everyone laid on the grass and just watched the stars until we all fell asleep. I moved my hand and felt the soft grass and ground beneath me. I sighed and smiled, soaking in the memories, I never thought I could have friends. Being alone in the island I never had friends nor did I ever think I would. It felt good. I sat up and looked around, everyone was gone.
"Huh? They were all here last night" I looked all over and eventually came to the conclusion they went back to the treehouse. The stairs creaked as I climbed them and all around me was silent, I heard nothing. I opened the trap door and climbed through it to be awaited with the horrible scene before me. Everyone was on their own bed, there was blood everywhere, no one was breathing. I couldn't breath, I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, then I heard a breath.
"How dare you come back here after all you did to them" My body tensed I knew that voice, I ran to it. She was covered in blood, barely standing, it was Katelyn. But she was....
"ZANE!!!!!!" I screamed at him, he was holding Katelyn, limp in his grasp. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM" A maniacal smile spread across his face.
"Simple, I just carried out my plan. This little thing" he said as he shook Katelyn "came to me and tried to kill me. She thought she could kill me before I could kill all of you, well too late now!"
He pulled a sword out of thin air and stabbed Katelyn through her chest, but not her heart. Close enough to cause excruciating ating pain but not to kill right away.
"AHHHHHHHHH!!" Katelyn yelled in pain and Zane vanished. I rushed froward to Katelyn but she started to fade away. She was gone.