"Go to Imladris Bill, go on.", I say stroking the pony before his journey.

As Bill clip-clops through the night I talk to Sam.

"He'll be fine. Bill knows the way to Rivendell. He will be safe there Sam."

Merry starts throwing stones into the still water. Just as Pippin was about to throw one, I catch his arm.

"Do not disturb the water.", Aragorn warns them.

Too late. Aragorn, Boromir and I notice a violent ripple in the water that should have stopped by now. The ripple continues and the rest of the Fellowship watches as well.

"It's useless!", I hear Gandalf say to Frodo.

"It's a riddle." Frodo figures out, "Speak friend and enter. What's the Elvish word for friend?"

"Mellon...", Mithrandir answers.
(Friend)

The doors rumble as they open slowly. We enter Moria. Every part of me screams this is a bad idea but the Fellowship has no other choice. It's ether freeze to death on Caradhras or risk the path through Moria. As we enter a chamber, Gandalf puts a crystal on his staff. It glows, giving us light other then the moon. Gimli begins to talk to Legolas.

"Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the hospitality of the Dwarves! Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone. This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin. And they call it a mine. A mine!"

How wrong Gimli is. I look to the ground and see hundreds of decayed, broken dwarf skeletons.

"This is no mine." Boromir realizes, "It's a tomb!"

"No! Noo!", Gimli shouts in disbelief.

As Gimli sees the rotted, gruesome dwarves, I pull out an arrow from a body. I stare at it for a moment and close my eyes, trying not to imagine the bloody fight that must have happened. Instead, I hand the arrow over to Legolas.

"Goblins!", Legolas snarls, casting the arrow away in disgust.

Legolas fits his own arrow to his bow. Boromir and Aragorn draw out their swords. I follow their lead, loading my bow with an arrow. The hobbits begin to back towards the doors. The ripple in the water is still moving.

"We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here." Boromir says, taking charge.

As he orders everyone out, Frodo gets grabbed and pulled off his feet. I shoot an arrow at the tentacle that's taking Frodo. The creature hardly felt it.

"Help!", Frodo screams.

Putting my bow back, I start slashing the giant squid with my sword. Sam hacks at a tentacle, calling for Strider.

"We could use help here!", I yell out.

As Legolas fires an arrow at the beast, Boromir and Aragorn snap out of their shock. They start attacking the squid with their swords. When Frodo is being lowered into the sea creatures mouth, I switch back to my bow, shooting the tentacle that has the hobbit. Aragorn slices the same one. Frodo is released, and falls to the shore, but not before Boromir catches him.

"Into the Mines!", Gandalf shouts.

"Legolas, Amber!", Boromir says, meaning for us to take down the huge squid.

"Shoot the left eye!", Legolas orders me.

I send my arrow to the left as Legolas's arrow pierces the right eye. The squid roars and vanishes back into the lake.

"We took it down!", I say in shock.

"It's going to come back.", Legolas replies.

"Into the cave, run!", Aragorn says hurriedly.

Legolas grabs my hand and we race back to Moria. The sea creature comes out again and tears the gates shut. Rocks drop as the roof of the passageway crumbles, blocking the exit. We all look to the last rays of moonlight. Then the last few stones fall, surrounding us in darkness.

"We now have but one choice.", Mithrandir's voice echoes in the dark.

--------------------------------------------

Annon Edhellen, edro hi ammen!: Gate of the Elves, open now for me!

Fennas Nogothrim, lasto beth lammen!: Doorway of the Dwarf-folk, listen to the word of my tongue!

Ando Eldarinwa... a lasto quettanya, Fendo Casarinwa...: Gate of the Elves... listen to my word, Threshold of the Dwarves...

Mellon: Friend

~Talia Spirit