Chapter 7 - A change of scenery

Chapter 7 – A change of scenery

Of course I let Alec drive me home. A giddy effervescence had me on a high the whole trip. Even the alcohol stench didn't bother me. Deciding to leave his friends opinions of me for another time came easy, but I wasn't looking forward to that day.

"Why was I a surprise to your friends, except for the too short and fat things." I asked as we crawled in traffic.

"You're not fat, Gracie Lee."

"Their words, not mine." I pointed out and he winced.

"I never realised I had a type until tonight," I snorted at his ridiculous statement. "That's not a lie. Let me explain something."

"Okay."

"My first girlfriend was a tall blonde tennis player named Louise. I thought she was the hottest girl I'd ever seen and she was mine. When I invited her home I remember dad frowning at me and her. After she left, he took me aside. He asked me where I saw my life with this girl in a few years and I shrugged. Hell, we were teenagers so I had no clue.

"That's when he told me that I should wait for that one woman who meant something to me. He told me I'd meet her one day and know that she was mine. I scoffed at him in the beginning but after dating girls and then women, I realised that none of them fit. Then I see you in that clinging top looking terrified in that lift and he was right, I knew."

"Wow." I couldn't utter anything else through the emotions that overwhelmed me.

"Mack said I had a type and it made me think. Yes, I used to have a type and I guess I still do." He mused and I raised my eyebrows. "Except now its you."

"I'm starting to worry about this charming side of you." I forced a frown.

"Why?"

"It's almost too much to take." I raised my hand to my forehead as if I was about to faint and he chuckled.

"Good! That means my master plan of seduction can come to fruition."

"Master plan of seduction?" a laugh escaped me.

"I can't tell you the plan." He tried to appear shocked but a rueful grin appeared.

"I'll have to wait and see."

"That's right." He said as he found a park a block from my apartment.

"This is why I don't own a car." I gestured to the lack of parking anywhere nearby.

"Smart move. I have a guaranteed spot at my place."

"Aren't you worried about leaving your behemoth of a truck here?"

"Behemoth?"

"Yep."

"It's alarmed and loud. We'll hear it from your place."

I nodded as we walked along the quiet path. When his hand reached for mine I didn't stop him. I liked having his large warm hand wrapped around mine. If I was being honest with myself, I would have to admit that I still didn't believe his words. He had charmed me by waving a future with him in front of my face. I couldn't resist his determination, even when deep down I had such uncertainty.

And The Wedding Is Off! (Now Published so Sample only)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें