Chapter 10: Guts to Confess

Chapter 10- Guts to Confess

Naruto arrived to class finishing up his cup of ramen. He scanned the room: Sakura and Sasuke were bickering like lovers, fan girls and boys everywhere devising a plan to get their dream idol, Ino complaining to Shikamoru about Sakura, Tenten chatting with Katie, and finally Hinata quietly reading a book. Naruto felt his heart beat faster than usual at the sight of her. He knew he had a crush on Hinata since the beginning he met her, those serene, gentle white eyes had captured his heart ever since he saw them. He had always been cool and casual around her so why is his heart suddenly beating hard all of the sudden? Why did he feel nervous and sweaty? Is it because of hormones? He didn't know.

"H-Hey Hinata-chan! Good morning!" he greeted nervously as he took his seat in front of her. "G-Good m-morning N-Naruto-kun." She said shyly and placed her book down. "What are you readying?" he asked feeling somewhat relaxed. "O-Oh, I'm reading a book c-called 'Crispin' by AVI. My parents gave it to me to read since I always get bored around my house." Hinata answered gradually not being so scared anymore, and smiled. Naruto's heart melt and butterflies fluttered in his stomach, at the sight of that sweet smile. Okay Naruto, make a move! Ask her out! You've waited long enough! Now's your chance! "H-Hinata-chan...."he started. "Y-Yes N-Naruto-kun?" "W-Will y-y-you....."

"YOU STUPID JERK!" Sakura shouted. "You did ask for it!" argued Sasuke. "You started it!"yelled Sakura crossing her arms. "Yeah I started it but you kept it going!"

Sakura scowled, "Ugh, that tasted disgusting! I knew you were up to something!" He smirked. "Heh, you should've seen you face! It was priceless!"

Flashback

"Hey Sakura..." Sasuke called coming into the classroom. "What Sasuke?" she asked. "Want a chocolate? Milly specially made it and it's too sweat if I ate too much, do you want some?" he asked sweetly and innocently. "Chocolate?" she repeated. "Yeah, you want some?" he asked again holding out a bar of chocolate. "Okay, but give me a little." She answered, and he broke off a piece and gave it to her. She sniffed it at first and eyed Sasuke suspiciously, the chocolate smelled okay and Sasuke looked innocent enough. So, she took a small bite. Instantly her mouth was filled with sweat heavenly cocoa-NOT! Sourness and something else that wasso bad that even I can't describe it filled her mouth.

"Yuck!" Sakura gagged and spit it out. "WHAT DID YOU GIVE ME? YOU TRYING TO POISON ME!" "Haha, you fell for it!" Sasuke laughed out loud.

End of Flashback

"....Well maybe now it's your turn to be disgusted." Sakura snickered evilly and took outthe little piece of chocolate that she had bitten earlier given by Sasuke. Sasuke instantly got up from his chair and began stepping away from her. "S-Sakura?" "Hehe, it's payback time!" said Sakura and took a step towards him. Sasuke managed to catch her arm that held the chocolate, while she tried to force it down to Sasuke's mouth. "Hey Sakura look over there!" Sasuke strained out a little. Her arms were strong for a girl. "I'm not falling for that trick!" She said straining a little bit more than Sasuke, still she tried to push it down. Stupid Sasuke for being so strong! Ifhe was Ino I can easily beat her! "No, look at the dobe!" he insisted. Sakura finally gave up and looked at Naruto. He was in a deep conversation with Hinata and his face was all red. Hinata was red too. "What's going on?" she whispered. Sasuke relaxed as he saw that Sakura had completely forgotten about her chocolate revenge and turned her attention to them, "Dunno, think something is going on." They stood together by the window gazing at them silently.

"H-Hinata-chan, w-will y-y-you.....will y-you...lend me that book?" He finished lamly. "Oh, sure." She answered, feeling a little bit disappointed. She had thought he was actually going to ask her out. It will be like a dream come true! She blushed even redder at the thought of her and Naruto becoming couples, but still Naruto had been acting strangely. It was 8:45 amand Kakashi-sensei still haven't arrive yet.