Chapter Thirteen.

Start from the beginning

Grabbing a paper towel, I dried my face and then wiped away the tiny bit of makeup that had smudged beneath my eyes. I wasn’t planning on keeping my dad waiting any longer, so I binned the paper towel and left the toilets, feeling ready for sleep.

However, it was just as I stepped outside the toilet door that my phone began vibrating inside my pocket. I sighed, knowing exactly who it would be. No one else had any reason to call me, and she’d been ringing me constantly throughout the day.

Just as I thought, when I took my phone out of my pocket, my mother’s name was lighting up on the screen. I did nothing but stand there and watch it ring and ring, not bothering to answer. I was hoping that she’d soon get the message that I wanted nothing more to do with her, and leave it at that.

I’d been so wrapped up in my thoughts as I watched the call end and the phone start ringing again straight after, that I jumped slightly when someone stopped in front of me. I looked up to have my eyes met with Zacky’s, and I began shuffling awkwardly on the spot.

“Aren’t you gonna answer that?” He asked me with a smile, nodding towards my phone.

“Nope.” I told him simply with a shrug. “It’s my mother.”

It felt good that they all knew about the whole situation, so I was able to openly say things like that in front of them without having to fully explain myself.

“She won’t stop ringing.” I then sighed, as the call once again cut off and restarted. “You’d think she’d get the message by now, but she just won’t give up.”

“You should block her number if you want her stop contacting you.” He said with an attractive chuckle. “Or change your number.”

“Yeah, that’d probably be best.” I nodded. “I’ll do that when we get back in Huntington.”

“Your hometown.” Zacky smiled.

I couldn’t help but return the smile at hearing that. I was just glad I hadn’t fangirled in front of any of them, Zacky especially. I’d surprised myself by being able to get my sentences out normally every time he spoke to me.

“Anyway, I should let you go; Jason’s waiting for you.” He said. “See you tomorrow.”

He was about to carry on walking towards the men’s toilets, when I stopped him by unexpectedly calling out to him. I had not told my mouth to do that.

“Hey, Zacky?” I said, making him instantly stop and turn around.

“Yeah?” He replied, smiling again.

I wavered over what to say, not really knowing what I was planning on conversing over.  I knew I needed to come up with something quick, or I’d look like a complete idiot.

“Thanks for last night.” I blurted out, feeling my cheeks turn slightly pink quickly after. “You really helped me...I could’ve gotten into quite a bit of trouble there.”

“Yeah, you could’ve done.” He nodded. “Do you always attract danger?”

“I’ve been known to...once or twice.” I was being completely serious, but that seemed to amuse him somehow.

“Guess I’ll have to keep any eye on you then.” He chuckled, with a playful wink and a lopsided smile. “See you tomorrow.”

I waved at him once more, and he turned once again, finally making his way into the toilet. I sighed deeply to myself, feeling like a complete idiot as I made my way back into the main bit of the restaurant and over to the table.

My dad looked up at me with a grin and took some money out of his wallet, pushing it towards Jimmy to pay towards the meal, and then stood up.

“You ready to go?” He asked me, to which I nodded.

As he stood up, I was suddenly yanked into someone side, and I looked up to find myself being smothered by Jimmy.

“You better sit next to me on the plane tomorrow!” He began yelling again. He was squeezing me too tight for me to be able to say something, so when I stayed silent, he began jumping on the spot with me still in his arms. “Please, Midgey! Pleaseeeeeeee?

“Okay, o-okay!” I spluttered, making everyone laugh. “I’ll sit next to you!”

“If she’s still alive by then.” MB said, rolling his eyes playfully. “Jimmy, put my niece down, you fool.”

“Yeah, before you damage her, Rev.” Matt chuckled.

“Sorry, Midgey!” Jimmy shouted with a grin, easing off of me so that I was able to stumble away.

“It’s fine.” I blinked, still slightly in shock, but managed to smile. “Uh...night, guys.”

“Night, Midge.” They all said back at me.

Grabbing my jacket from the back of my chair, I pulled it onto myself and waited for Jason to say goodbye to everyone, before he placed a hand on the small of my bag and began guiding me towards the door tomorrow.

“You looking forward to going home tomorrow?” He questioned with a smile.

“Yeah.” I grinned back at him. “Yeah, I really am.”