t w e n t y o n e

❝ Mommy Then Daddy Day ❞____21

Mommy Then Daddy Day
____
21

Earlier, Isla was trying to quiet Elicia down while she was in class. She had tried everything from constant rocking to using the pacifier method but with Elicia's changes, she wasn't having it.

Sweetly, Isla's professor never stopped teaching but being he was a father of his own, he grabbed Roi from Issy and rocked her lightly while still conducting the class. Elicia looked up at him strangely but did become quiet. It's a miracle, Isla thought as she picked up her pen and jotted down the notes that were projected.

Isla made sure to thank her professor for his rescue earlier and he had no problem with it, knowing it was a hard thing to cope with since she didn't have anyone to babysit the baby at the last minute. Now, Isla held Roi in her arms who was busy chewing on her teething ring toy.

Is kept looking through the selections of candles as she scooted E farther up on her body. She picked up a random candle and held it to her nose, sniffing it in satisfaction and nodded. "You like it Elicia?" She talked in a soft tone, holding the candle to her baby.

Elicia's attention left her toy and went to the candle. She looked up at her mommy as she leaned forward with her mouth gapped, trying to put it in her mouth - chew on anything new in sight. Chuckling, Isla moved it away from her mouth and leaned her face forward then nuzzled their noses together. "Don't eat that missy. You can't chew everything."

Elicia yelped almost as a response and lifted the toy back up to her mouth to soothe the aches her upcoming teeth were causing. Isla decided that she'd buy that candle along with a few more items out that store and headed home.

She kissed Roi's feet since she had just changed her diaper and given her bath. Roi looked up at her with her arms outstretched and her mouth still gapped open. Is leaned downward and kissed her pouty lips continually.

"Ma!" She yelled out, closing her grey, cardigan sweater over her red shirt as she looked towards her door. Roi begin to whine from the loud noise her mother was making. Is noticed and didn't want her to begin to cry from it so she lifted her from laying on her back into her arms.

Just as Is turned to walk out and look for her own mother, Michelle stood in the doorway with workout gear clothing her body. "What is it? "

"Can you please please please watch her until I get out the shower?"

"Isla! I was just about to go for my walk and you know you love to be in the shower for a long time drowning in thoughts and meditation."

Michelle was pretty accurate and Isla was aware -her daily showers were the times she got most of her relaxation if not in an uninterrupted sleep. "I know mom but I promise I'll be quick."

Sighing to a small degree, Michelle took her granddaughter from her daughter's hands and plastered a surprised expression on her face to entertain her. That was Isla's cue that she could shower quickly as she grabbed some comfortable clothing and rushed into the bathroom.

- · -

Adonte sat in the Barber's chair as he watched Marcus hold Elicia intently while J.T sat beside him. Today was the first Saturday he had off in a long time -enough time to get a much needed haircut, finish homework and hopefully get some sleep if Roi would allow that.

"She looks so much like you man. This is so weird." Marcus said in an amazed tone as Jina tickled Elicia's mid section trying to get her to laugh as she would crack a smile every once in a while. Don nodded slightly, trying not to distract his barber and get himself cut as his beard was getting trimmed.

"That's your baby?" His barber interrogated and Adonte answered with a yeah. He nodded. "She's a pretty little girl. You're going to have some troubles in the future." The stylist chuckled as Adonte stared towards her.

As much as she was to handle at this stage and though he was aware she would eventually, he wasn't anywhere near ready for her to grow up. He enjoyed having a small companion who depended on him -that is, when things were calm and settled. "Maybe." Don finally mumbled in reply.

Elicia was obviously becoming phased by the scenery, continuous razor vibrating noise, and being held by a mere stranger to her knowledge. Her small face of features begin to churn as low cries left her mouth. Marcus eyes slightly widened as he looked up at Adonte. He tried lifting Elicia up against his chest, rocking her quickly but she still wasn't up for it as she cried louder.

"Um Don." J.T chimed in as Adonte had to hold his head upward towards the ceiling in order for the barber to reach another uncut area. He pointed towards the medium sized bag beside them and said, "Try her pacifier."

Wanting to quiet her quickly to keep from any annoyance rising in the other men at the shop, he searched the carrier quickly and pulled out her light pink pacifier and eased it into her mouth. It was still tears at the rim of her eyes as she suckled it in a quick motion.

Marcus blew out a breath of relief as he sat back, watching her as Jina did also. Just as the barber had finished, Roi spat the pacifier out from her mouth and yelled in cries again which made Marcus heart start back racing.

Adonte stood from the high, leather seat and turned to the guy, handing him the exact payment with a thank you before walking over to his friends. He grabbed Elicia and leaned his head back as he looked at her against his chest. She obviously knew her father cause she stopped immediately.

She still had a slight frown on her face from dissatisfaction as she placed her small hand on Adonte's chin, rubbing across his trimmed beard area. "You like daddy's cut?" He queried to her in a soothing voice he knew she liked as she stared at the place her hand was, continuing her motion.

"That's crazy." Marcus said in amazement yet again as Don turned to him. He laughed slowly and shrugged. He pulled her baby bag up from the empty seat and onto his shoulder by the strap.

"Thanks for holding her." He was sure to say as they all walked out the shop.
He glanced back at Elicia as she now had her head leaned against his shoulder. He smiled and reached to wipe the remaining tears from her eyes with his thumb, hating to hear her distressful call and to see her cry.

Finally Marcus replied,"No problem. " as J.T walked along the other side of him. Marcus had already got his cut first so now they would spend some small time together before Adonte would be on his way home to check on his grandma, bond with Elicia, and relax.