f i v e

Adonte's grandfather is named Leroy, who I based off an actual older man and friend of mine. He passed away from cancer last Tuesday and it was very suddenly and nowhere near easy to accept even though he was 89 years of age. Just back history of the story, which is now dedicated to him. ❤️

❝Vinyl Sucky ❞____5

Vinyl Sucky
____
5

The end of the day had approached quicker than expected. All the teenagers stampeded out of the schoolhouse while Isla stood by her car, leaning against the hot metal. She stood on the tip of her toes, peering above the crowds in search of her best friends Rhonda, waiting for her so she could drop her off and go home herself.

"Come on Rhon." sighs Isla in impatience as she crosses her arms over each other. She reaches in her driver door and rambles to find her phone in her purse, pulling it out then flipping it open, going to her recents to find Rhonda's number. Isla stood back up straight, looking towards the doors once again with the phone to her ear as the number dialed.

Meanwhile Adonte was walking by himself, enjoying the music that flowed through his ears from his ipod. He only communicated with the gang a couple times today only because he didn't want any animosity directed towards him from J.T's outburst earlier. He begin to dread the thought of riding the bus, sighing exhaustedly.

Adonte turned his head only slightly as he continued to walk. He turned back forward and noticed Isla parked in front of the school with a look of distress and impatience written as her expression. Never getting enough of talking to her, he pulled the earphones from his ear and continued his trail towards her.

"Hey. . Issy." Adonte calls out but hesitantly from using her nickname. Isla looked at him and sighed, leaning her hand on top of her door. DD grew nervous at her soundless response, thinking she was maybe tired of running into him.

"Hey Don."

A bit more confident from her greeting him back, Adonte asked, "Everything okay? "

Shrugging, "Yeah, I was waiting on Rhonda but she's taking forever." answered Isla.

Adonte knitted his eyebrows inward from confusion, remembering the earlier scene of seeing Rhonda. "Actually I saw her leave with Jeremy about ten minutes ago." Isla gave off a straight face for a few seconds then shook her head in disappointment.

"Wow, typical." She begin to say and shrugged her shoulders up, lifting her right foot into the car about to get inside. Isla looked back into Adonte's face and an considerate idea struck. "Do you have a ride?"