s i x t e e n

❝ Settle In ❞____16

Settle In
____
16

Adonte, his grandmother, and the rest of his extended family attended the funeral. Friends of both Vivian and Leroy made it also. Most eyes were filled with tears and if they weren't, they obviously weren't bless with the chance to know how good of man mister Leroy was.

Vivian sat a rose on top of the casket and rushed back over to Adonte, almost like a little child as she covered her face with her hands. Her sobs filled the area as Adonte wrapped an arm around her tightly.

He held back tears himself as he tucked his lips and watched along with everyone as they begin to throw dirt over the casket once it was lowered. His grandpa wouldn't mind him crying. He always taught him crying didn't take away from his masculinity -everyone cries.

He rubbed across his nose with his thumb as he stroked Vivian arm quickly. He sniffled as he looked to the side, seeing Marcus, J.T, and Mr. Willis Jr there. His friends slightly waved at him as Willis nodded towards him, reassuring him of his support. Don side smiled.

That was until he felt the body heat of another hand above his on Vivian's arm. He turned to the side and couldn't believe his eyes. There stood his parents -both his mom and dad. Of course since he haven't seen them since he was like nine, them being older was evident but they were still recognisable.

Leroy was his father's, Aaron, dad. He saw Aaron's eyes were red and glassy while his mom, Samantha, looked at him with a sympathetic expression. She couldn't believe how much he'd grow up -from his height, build, and handsomeness. Adonte moved his hand away from near them.

Even though he saw his dad at a vulnerable moment, he still couldn't bring himself to feel pity for him. Why should he support him and help wipe his tears when him himself failed to do it with his own child over the years?

The repast was held at a community center building not far from the cemetery. They all piled inside their cars and was off to the next destination. Once arriving there, they piled inside there too.

Adonte and Vivian held their plates outward as they stood in the short, family line. Adonte looked up at the ceiling and took a deep, long breath before turning to his grandmother. "Why didn't you tell me that they were going to be here?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Who?" Adonte widened his eyes and looked at his parents at the end of the line and she followed his eyes, sighing one she figured out who he was referring to. "He's my son and those are your parents Adonte."

"You mind telling them that." Don mumbled, moving up farther up in the line. He held his plate downward so he could be served some of the displayed food. He thanked the lady and kept scooting down.