Ch. 13: Elaina's final decision

Start from the beginning

"Did you see the very faint light in the building?" I ask Louisa without taking my eyes off the building.

Louisa must have lean forward a little bit. "It's very faint. They must have used a very low light to make sure no one knows there's anyone inside." I said and just drive past. We will probably be back later at night to do further investigation.

"This people must have been pretty smart." Louisa commented as she lean back, "Anyway have you seen Ari? I haven't seen her for a week."

I frown, "No? I thought she had some sort of student council meeting?" I ask confused remembering that's what she said over the phone last week.

She had called to check on me, as always. And as always, we had a little talk about my day at work. But lately, I have been close off and never let her know anything I've been working on. I don't know, I just feel like I can't trust anyone at this moment.

"Nah, I went to check in just now. They said she's not even in school." She replied, I glance at her to see her brows furrowed like she's thinking of something. "I think I remember her telling me she had some family matter to attend to last week. I guess that's why she didn't show up."

"She told me she had student council meeting last week over the phone?" I argued, "Why would she told you about her family stuff and lied to me?"

Everything doesn't make sense right now. I feel like just as we're getting somewhere, I feel like we're back to square one all over again. It's a never ending cycle.

If this continues, we're fucked when the semester ends.

••••

I grumble as I walk down the stairs with the dress Mom had picked out for me. It's a two piece dress. The only reason why I even agreed to wear this is because it's not too girlish. The dress stop mid thigh, it's all black with lace detailing for the top.

"You look beautiful Elaina." Mom said with loving smile as she look at me.

I scowl, "I don't like looking pretty."

My hand was still in my clutch, I was stuffing some shit inside. Damien, Mom and Louisa all stood there, looking nervously at me. Obviously trying to see if I wore the ring or if I'm out.

I smirk, deciding to play with them a little bit. "What's wrong guys? Aren't we going to be late?"

Mom frown, "Are you saying yes or are you out?"

I groaned and bring my hand out of my clutch showing them my hand. "What do you think?"

The diamond shine under the lights and I swear Mom had tears in her eyes when she realise I'm going through with this plan.

We rushed in to Damien's car with Mom on the passenger seat while Louisa and I seated on the backseat.

"I can't believe you said yes." Damien grumbled, "I thought you would say no!"

My eyes drifted to Mom shortly to see her gazing out the window with soft smile on her lips, obviously lost in her own thoughts.

"It seems to make her happy," I replied softly. "Look at her, she's smiling and not even aware of us talking about this."

Damien eyes briefly glance at Mom before he look back at the road and he sigh before looking back at me through the rear view mirror, "She's happy but what about you? Are you happy?"

"If she's happy then so am I."

***

Apologise for this chapter being alittle bit shorter than usual. Just really in a rush for some shit but I wanted to update you guys. So here was this rush crappy chapters. God!

Anyways what do you think? Leave your thoughts at the comment section & I try to reply to them all as I could!

Love you & talk to y'all at the next chapter!

xoxo