Ch. 8: Where investigations begin

Chapter 7

I watch as Louisa made it through the crowd, and sighing loudly before she plop on the chair opposite mine.

It was lunch time now, it means food time.

It's also mean that Louisa somehow got a break a little from the teasing she's been dealing with all day. After decided to ditch her lens, and wearing a wig, you can pretty much tell her social has gone downhill and now she's the next sore loser like I am.

It didn't bother her at all.

I mean we're an adult. We don't need teenage friends who don't even know what's the real world looks like.

You think you get the upper hand of the world and can handle it all?

Alright, life will laugh at your face right before you smack something and everything's going down the drain, will you realise that living is such a struggle.

Unless you came from a wealthy family who is well respected by many, then you're privileged from such thing.

I watch Louisa expression, that gives nothing away. Sure we're twin, but I can't read her all the time. Sometimes I struggle to even know what she feels.

"You alright there buddy?" I ask with a small smile knowing this is her partly her first time encounter such bullying.

She snorted, "Yeah. I don't even know how you survived the whole school year without pummelled anyone to the pulp." She said shaking her head and taking a bite from her sandwich.

I chuckle, "You'd be surprise with how much of a patience you have when you already know you have a bad temper and you had to deal with such nuisance all the time."

She hum in agreement and rolled her eyes, "To think that I was the 'prettier' twin. Such pathetic really."

I look at her amused.

I have never seen her so rile up about something. This must really bothered her somehow and now she's gotten a tad bit mad cause she hate letting people define who she are on the inside.

I smile softly at her, "You know you're beautiful anyway even with that horrendous wigs and glasses right?"

"That's the thing! I can't pull of blonde hair like you did!" She cried out dramatically throwing her hands in the air, "I wonder why do I even chose to start wearing a disguise now. I'm questioning my moral and sanity, honestly."

I rolled my eyes at her, such drama I tell you.

Half the time, I can't came up with how we can even be related as a twin that is. I mean you look at how drama and girly she is, then you look at me.

Who refuse to even look presentable on her work where she knows her teensy weensy crush will see her.

Now that's why you don't have a Boyfriend, you prefer looking like an ogre than a lady material, a voice snap in my head making me scowl at myself.

Arialyn came over and join us, smiling widely. "Sage and Max will be joining us in about 5 minutes. Tell me something new about the missions."