Ch. 13: Elaina's final decision

Chapter Thirteen

I let my mind wander about what has happened for that whole week.

Calculus is stressing me way too much, and somehow my mind keep wandering back to what has happened. I can't even seem to concentrate on the meeting this morning.

Louisa didn't bother to talk to me either, knowing I'm very distracted but of course Jack and Cameron are clueless with what's going on with me today. They just assume this is me stressing out over work.

But for the first time in life, I'm overthinking about something else that is not even work related.

Vincent tried to approached me a couple of times, but I successfully avoided him and anyone else.

Of course Tiffany and Quinn has been making their attempt to bullied me everyday, but even them couldn't bother me that much.

When the bell rang- which I don't really notice until one of my sweet fellow classmate nudge me to signal me that class has ended, I pack my stuff and walk out of the class.

I went to my locker to dump some stuff in there before going to the cafeteria. My mind still rewinding what Mom has said to me before she went to bed.

"I remember your dad telling me the last thing he wanted was for you to settle down. He know unlike Louisa, you would refuse to be in any stable relationship. You're not open about dating like your so Sister is. So I'm sorry if I suddenly come up with this idea without discussing with you, but all I want right now is the same like your father's. I want to see you walking down the aisle."

I let out a groaned, finally realise no matter how much I try to think of a reason why I should return the ring, I know I'll end up wearing it.

"So, have you decided?" A voice suddenly spoke up causing me to jump slightly as I drop my files.

"Jesus Lou, could you stop sneaking around people?" I grumble as I squatted down to gather my papers.

She snickered, "Not my fault you seem to be out of it the whole week, doing a lot of thinking that is no where work related."

I scowl, and she just shoot me cheeky smile. "Have you told Jack? I think he would faint at the news."

"I'll tell him later at the office." I mumble getting up and shut my locker close, "We're ditching."

"We are?"

"Yeah." I nodded, "I found a couple of profiles that could be our potential subjects and some evidence."

We went out of the school and got in my car. I start the engine before putting on my seatbelt.

"So are you accepting the proposal, or are you saying no?" Louisa ask casually as I start driving to the headquarters taking another road. The one that drive past the abandoned warehouse.

I look out the building and squinted my eyes to see clearly. It's quite dark out since it has been raining since morning and even if the rain has stop, the weather is quite cloudy.