MOVIE >scene136> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Start from the beginning

"Which photo do you want?"

Lexis searched the photos and pointed at one she shared with the man he was familiar with. "This will do."

This man she's always with... Surely, it's the infamous Vincent.

If he could remember where he'd seen him, he'll find at least one end of the string that'll lead to her.

Jessie sent the picture Lexis chose to his email and went back to looking through the photos. Studying them now with her natural hair color, Jessie's heart beat at an abnormal pace. There was something happening to him. Something similar to when he first met her, only much stronger, and he didn't understand that outcome and its reason whatsoever.

The next day, something happened. Charles was gone, disappearing into thin air. He wasn't in the Academy anymore. He wasn't in his dorm or outside. He wasn't anywhere.

And Fayth's heart told her something very bad happened to him.

She walked around the halls like a mad woman, looking through every classroom. Asking every professor and any student she could see about his whereabouts. She had requested from Jessie to make an announcement stating that he needs to report to the main office immediately, but nothing came out of it.

And she was worried sick.

"Please! Have you seen Charles?" Fayth asked one of Dawn's Angels, taking ahold of her arm in beg.

She responded with a disgusted expression and a shove.

Fayth took out her phone and dialed his number for the millionth time. No answer.

Did I upset him? He has thicker skin than this.Why is acting this way?

Vivian didn't know where he was. His father, his mother, and his siblings have not seen him nor were they able to get ahold of him either. He wasn't in the Academy, where Fayth would usually be annoyed by him at least ten times a day.

Something's wrong.

Out of nowhere, someone threw a cover over her head and carried her like a sack. She kicked and thrashed, she yelled and punched, but with no use. Minutes later, she was thrown into a chair, the edge of it jabbing her side, making her growl in pain.

They tied her to the chair, then harshly pulled off the cover over her head.

Breathing loudly, she looked around with disgust and anger at the unfamiliar room. Gray, four windows, two couches, and one other chair.

She looked at those who carried her here and right away knew who was responsible. As she looked around, she noticed a dart board was placed right behind her. Not above her like usual, no, right behind her head.

Lexis opened the door moments later and walked in, silently slipping in the chair across from her. He held his phone in his hands, staring at it with deep thoughts, running his fingers around its edge slowly. He glanced up at Fayth, and displayed an innocent smile on his face.

"Hello Rihanna." He greeted, emphasizing her name.

She clenched her fingers, her mind a maelstrom of thoughts. Why did he say it like that? What's going on?

"Why look so scared?" He breathed in and gazed at her with soft features, gentle ones that'll put her under ease. "I am only here to talk. I won't hurt you."

Without any control, she glanced back at the dartboard behind her head.

"Oh, are you referring to that?" He should his head, the innocent smile never leaving his face. "That was used one someone else. It's not for you, so you don't need to worry."

His nice attitude was more terrifying than his usual dark, quiet one.

"What do you want?" Fayth asked, fear coating her voice.

His eyebrows pulled up and he gave her a questionable expression. "That's really up to you. I could want nothing at the end of this, or I could want something. You just need to answer a few questions, that's all."

Questions? What questions?

With a single glance at the others, they all left. She hadn't really felt the fear of being there with him until the door had closed and they were the only ones in the room.

She stared at him, swallowing at her suddenly dry throat.

"Question number one." He began. "When you enrolled into F.A.I.T.H. there was a time when we were all sitting at the same lunch table, Katrina had asked you if your natural hair color was black, and you lied, why?"

Fayth dropped her gaze to her feet. What's going on? How did he know that I lied? Did he find out everything? Did his father remember me and tell him?

"I–I didn't lie." Fayth lied, looking up at him. "My hair color really is black."

He smiled his lazy smile. A smile that was everything but heartwarming or reassuring. It was the scariest thing she had ever seen.

"Did you know that when you lie, you tend to cross your legs. Never failed. Automatic."

She looked down at her legs eyes wide, they, indeed, were crossed. She closed her eyes, breathing from her nose at the stupid habit.

Lexis' face lost its smile. "Now, let's try again. Why?"

He was only getting more terrifying.

"I like the color black a lot. I hate my original hair color, and I didn't want anyone to know about it."

Lexis sighed. "Next question. Who is Charles to you?"

"I worked for his family." She quickly said, sick to her stomach from where the interrogation was going. "It used to be my part time job. That's how I ended up with a scholarship here."

"Let's try this again. How do you know Charles?"

He looked at her with eyes that knew. He was merely asking simple questions to see how much of a liar she was willing to be to cover her tracks. This confused her even more. Exactly how much does he know? And what exactly does he know?

"Childhood friends." She said this time.

"Good. Now we're getting somewhere." He looked up at her, his eyes empty. "Do you have any siblings."

"No."

"Do you have anyone else in the Academy apart from Vivian and Devon that you were acquainted with? From before you enrolled into the Academy."

Fayth hesitated for a moment. "No."

He sighed, looking down at his phone, and again, he ran his fingers around the edges. "That's a lie." He said. "I don't need your legs to cross for me to know that."

Her gaze fell to the floor. Did–did he remember?!

He looked up, his eyes now completely void of any emotion. "You knew me, didn't you?"