MOVIE >scene116> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis waited for the F.A.I.T.H. members to leave before he knelt down and picked Fayth up effortlessly in his arms. He didn't say a word. She didn't need to explain a thing to him. He simply picked her up and took her into the Academy.

In Fayth's dorm, Lexis laid her on her bed. He stared at her for a while, then serenely placed his hand on her forehead.

"You have a high fever." He said in remoteness.

She could barely say a word while the mixed emotions she was feeling slowly seeped out of their place.

"Could you leave the room for a second?" She breathed. She was taken back by her voice. It sounded like it belonged to someone else.

He stared at her in silence for a moment before he went over to her drawer and brought back her candy. Back when he was drunk and had a high fever, he had watched her take some medication. He would have dismissed it as pain killers or something of the like, but when she had seen him he knew to think otherwise. She had reacted in a way that made it seem like she was caught. He had to act like he was out of it back then so he can have the chance to look at it. And as soon as she had left the dorm later on that morning, he had examined it to see what it was.

This medication was the very first thing that made Lexis pursue answers about Fayth.

He put it out in front of her. "Is this what you want?"

She stared at the bottle then at him in shock. "You–you knew?"

"I did."

He took out one.

"Four."

He shook his head and took out three more and gave them to her, then fetched her a bottle of water and handed it over. After swallowing her candy, she lay in her bed completely exhausted. Her breath came in and out hot and heavy. She could feel the fever taking over her entire body now, and she didn't know which was worse, that, or the traumatizing feelings that were still rushing though her, threatening to take over. To make her react to them.

Lexis turned around to leave.

Her heart started pounding with fear. He wanted to go away. He was going to leave and Fayth was going be left here like this alone. She wouldn't have minded any other time. Actually if it was just the fever she wouldn't have minded at all. but, there was something else that she was trying hard to compose inside her body. Something else that ate her inside to hysterics. And she was only able to keep herself together in one piece because of the person in front of her.

He may not know it, but she was literally directing all the rage and hate on him. In the moment when she might not be able to hold onto her feelings any longer, he was going to get the full blow. He was going to have to stop her–the only who can stop her. That's why–that's why it can only be him next to her. No one else. He'll be the only one who'll understand. Who'll not care and won't expect anything kind out of her. Who will accept all her hate expectantly.

Who won't care for her during the aftermath of her suicidal attempt.

She caught his hand. "Please don't go." Her voice barely came out in a whisper. "Please don't leave. If you leave," She glanced at his face. She was feeling spoiled enough inside that she didn't want to meet his gaze even now. "If you leave I might do things...things that..."

"I'm not leaving you."

She put her hand down on the bed and watched him as he left out of the door. She stared at it for minutes before it reopened and Lexis came back with a bowl of water and a small towel.

She had been clenching the bed sheet the whole entire time, holding her breath, and seeing him again made her sigh in relief and relax.

He brought a chair over and got the towel ready. The fever was there, all around her body, but she didn't fully feel it yet. She was too angry, too hateful, to feel any pain. She wanted to beat someone, she wanted to scream and shout and say every swear word in the dictionary. Instead, she held it all in, and let her candy slowly sweeten it up. But its magical wall around it slowly.

"What happened? What took you under like this–" Lexis had begun asking.

The door burst open and Charles walked in, his face filled with worry. When he saw Lexis, his worry was masked with anger.

He looked at Fayth, saw her expression.

Then instantly looked back at Lexis with a look of someone who's been caught red-handed.

He walked to the bedside and stood over Fayth. "Why?" He asked her. "What happened?"

"Nothing." She answered, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Obviously there was a reason. You were too under control for it to just be 'nothing'."

"Stop." He was forgetting just how much he could say when others were around.

Charles punched the wall behind her bed post. "Don't screw around with me. What happened?"

Fayth snapped. She just snapped. Getting so angry, so much that she even ignored the pain in her ankle. She jumped at Charles and started thrashing while beating him, and while he defended and tried to pull her together, she became even more hysterical. More angry. More out of control as she hit and yelled foul words in his face.

Then Lexis took ahold of her shoulders from behind and with incredible strength, slammed her back down on the mattress. She was laying there, facing him, their angry expressions mirrored. He put his finger to his lips, ushering for her to stay quiet.

At first she was confused, and then two female voices outside the door became louder and she understood.

When the voices became faint, Lexis let go of her shoulders and threw the towel in Charles' face. "You take care of her." 

And with that, he left.

Left with a crammed head, answers he never thought he'd have, puzzles that formed out of these answers like a virus that could only spread the more digging around it was done.

This is not–this isn't what I expected. She isn't what I expected. What is going on... How come–

Oh dear new readers, when you think you actually found out everything, but you've only got introduced to about 25% of the book's plot. :) Welcome to F.A.I.T.H.