MOVIE >scene175> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

"We...we should date." Summer said, taking a deep breath and looking up at Lexis.

Lexis only stared at her, his expression unchanged.

"I've never said this before, you guessed it but I never said it out loud. I'm in love with you. I love my boyfriend, but I love you more."

"I thought I told you before that I'm not good for you."

"And I told you that you're not good for anyone. So if its going to be someone, then it should at least be me. I know you Lexis, I know about your past. I know what happened three years ago–"

"I told you to never bring this up again." Lexis quickly cut her off, glaring and clenching his teeth.

"Just give us a chance!" Summer unintentionally begged, feeling desperate. "Once! Just once..."

Lexis kept quiet.

"You need to start feeling again. You have to remember that day. You have to get over it. You'll only really feel for people when you do that."

Lexis' eyes became darker. His expression was as hard as a rock. 

Summer pushed. If she was lucky, she'd get to say it all before he killed her. "That night... Do you remember it?" She tried to make her voice as gentle as possible, hoping it would buy her time. "I came over to your house after school. My mom couldn't pick me up and requested that I sleep over. You thought I fell asleep in the guest suite but—but I followed you. That night. I followed you. It was about eleven o'clock at night. Your sister was at the hospital, and your father was going to go to check on her." 

He was a great man. The best man to ever walk this earth. Many kids think their father's are their superheroes. To Lexis...it was his grandfather. There was no man to ever be equal in stature, leadership or wisdom like William Ellis. He was Lexis' true father figure. He was Lexis' superhero.

"You were walking down the long hall because you heard something downstairs. I did too. I left the guest suite and followed you. You weren't aware that I was following you at that time. Then when you reached the fenced hallway, you looked through the posts down to the salon and..."

When Lexis was five, William Ellis would give him piggy back rides. When he was six, William Ellis would get him what he really wanted. When he was seven, William Ellis taught him how to fish. When he was eight, William Ellis taught him how to flirt with girls. When he was nine, William Ellis taught him how to lead. When he was ten, William Ellis taught him how to use his head before his feelings. When he was eleven, William Ellis taught him how to hunt like a real man and how to get the target from the first bullet. When he was twelve, William Ellis taught him that family is true love, and love is an explosion you can't control.

When Lexis was thirteen, William Ellis taught him to never trust anyone ever again.

"I watched too. There was struggle at first. Things pounding. Things being thrown around. At first, we couldn't see anything. Then your mother appeared, and your grandfather was stumbling behind her. His belt buckle was loose. His pants button was off. He was Grabbing your mother. Her makeup was all over her face as she cried silently and tried to push him away from her. She had bruises everywhere. On her legs, chest. Marks all over her neck."

It was that moment that William's image in Lexis' eyes became muddled with blood. It was then that he saw his grandfather as a completely different person.

Lexis stared at him that night, his eyes wide open, his mouth ajar wondering what was happening, where things went wrong. For a moment he wanted to believe the people in front of him weren't who they actually are. His heart pounded, fear and disgust, disbelief and shock swallowing him whole.