MOVIE >scene98> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

The sun today brought enough heat that the Academy announced a half day for the students. The other half was used to open up the outdoor lounge, where the pool was open and the cocktails were passed around.

Rihanna wore a plain white t-shirt and skinny jeans, the first time since a long to do so. While all the other girls wore bikinis and enjoyed themselves inside the pool, she walked around it, enjoying being free of the infirmary's bed.

It had been about a week since the roof incident. She still had a pretty dark tan discoloring her complexion, but it was getting a lot better from before. For the past week she had to stay in the nurse's office, getting treatment with expensive creams that Rihanna could never afford. Her pain would be released in screams that filled the infirmary. Many wanted to peek and see what exactly happened. Strangely, Summer kept her distance, leaving Rihanna completely alone.

Someone hugged Rihanna from the back, wrapping his arms around her in a tight grip. "You're not being a good doll.'

"I told you, I'm not helping you exercise. You can do that just fine all by yourself."

Charles sighed. "You have to live up to your reputation. Everyone is expecting you to do that."

She turned around and glared at him.

"Fine." He said, putting his hands up in defense. "I'll just be content with your kitty walk. Go ahead, continue what you were doing." He crossed his arms and walked backwards, leaving her alone.

Shaking her head, Rihanna turned around and resumed her walk.

"Hey, sweety?" One of the girls in the pool called out to Rihanna. "Get us the beach ball from over there."

I'm not your maid, damn it.

Technically, because of F.A.I.T.H. and her lie to Mandy, she kind of was.

Rihanna turned around and walked over to the aluminum racks. Slipping open the door, she brought the clear beach ball and threw it over to the girl.

"Mmm, I changed my mind." She said, smiling at an inside joke between her and her friends. "I want the water polo ball now." She said sweetly.

Unannounced the girl socked the beach ball at Rihanna, who had been standing dangerously close to the pool. She tried to catch it, and failed.

Her arms wailed as her body crashed into the water.

That is, until someone caught her.

She expected the cold, wet water to swallow her. For her to be soaked in her jeans and shirt. Instead, she was caught by the last person she'd ever expected to touch her, to put a hand on her, to save her.

A lazy smile was on his lips as he stared at the position they were in–his arm around her waist. "What a cliche... I... save you."

She stared into his eyes, rage drew him in front of her in the most despicable way. He was the only thorn on the branch she was climbing.

The whispers became louder around them while shocked and confused stares were directed their way. Even Charles, who stood feet away against the wall, watched with a questioning expression.

Did he remember...?

Lexis looked down at her lips, then back into her eyes. "I don't like the way you're looking at me."

Her gaze became even sharper. "That smile... Does anyone know what your hiding behind it?"

He gritted his teeth. "What?"

"Get your hands off of me."

His lazy smile became deeper. "You're..." She could see the anger behind that smile, in his eyes.

He didn't say what he wanted, and instead he, like she asked, let her go. And this time, unexpectedly, her body crashed into the cold water. It overlapped on top of her as she sunk down. Something, which she realized was an iron safe bar, jabbed her in the thigh and an immense amount of pain jolted through her leg. As she tried to swim upwards, the pain only became worse, but she finally thrashed above water.

Lexis looked at her as she turned around and again, gave him that look. The expression that'll tell her reality soon. He now knew... how to get it out of her.

She stared at him, as he looked at her with hate. She saw it so clearly, something about her made him sick, made him angry. First, when he found out she had enrolled in F.A.I.T.H.

Second, when she opposed him with Joshua.

And third...

She turned around, and slowly swam towards the other ladder to leave the place. She gave him her back, she hid her expression away from him, because suddenly she was less afraid of him and more hateful, pure hate unlike anything she'd ever felt. It wasn't the usual anymore, no...

She hated him. She truly, deeply, and passionately hated him now too.

She grabbed the ladder and put one foot on it, raising herself up. The wetness of her drenched clothes and hair weighed her down, making the pain in her thigh spring up. She gritted her teeth and quickly took her foot off, and her body sank back into the water.

Two bodies jumped into the pool almost at the same exact time. While the girls around her snickered and made rude comments about her swimming attire, Rihanna was able to glance and see Jessie and Charles make their way towards her, so fast one would think they're professional swimmers.Before she knew it, Jessie was pressing his body against her back, breathing water, breathless from the quick swim.

"Your shirt became see-through."

Love you. P.S. CandyMag talking about my book O: Someone tweeted me the link ;)

http://www.candymag.com/lifestyle/6-of-the-best-books-i-ve-ever-found-on-wattpad-a308-20160617-lfrm