Kidnapped by My Mate

This is the first chapter of my new story!! If enough people read it I'll post the second chapter tomorrow!!!

El's POV

It's nearly 2 am when I wake up for no reason. Something feels off in my room but I can't put a finger on it. Afraid, I turn my phone's flashlight on and look around only to see a man with a gun in my closet.

"Don't make a sound", he says, "or I'll shoot." He moves his gun up to face me as if threatening to use it. I nod slightly as if to show I am no threat and am willing to cooperate.

He inches forward and I cower back, unable to control my reaction. My phone falls from my hands and onto the floor. I make no move to retrieve it, but he pockets it along with the gun. "Come here." He orders, and I slowly force myself towards him. Once I'm within arms distance he pulls me into a hug and I can feel myself melting into him. Subconsciously my arms move to encircle him and I lean further into his warmth. When I finally pull back and try to move away, he grabs my hand in his. I can't even control the shiver that passes through me.

"No..." I whisper softly. He rubs circles on my hand with his thumb and I feel my resolve weakening. My knees buckle and I fall into the man without warning, but he catches me just in time.

"It's okay." He murmurs, his lips moving against my hair.

"But you-" I start, not even knowing where I'm going with this. Tears spring to my eyes but I don't allow myself to cry.

"Shh." He cuts me off. His arms are around me again and I can't stop the sigh that escapes me at his touch. "Kitten, we have to leave now. Will you get your stuff?"

A wave of confusion passes through me but I have no time to react before he speaks again. "Never mind, I'll just have someone else get your stuff. I can't wait to have you home with me."

"Um... What do you mean?" I ask as politely as I can. I do not want to get shot today. His gun was in his pocket, but he could easily get it out before I could react.

"You're beautiful." He says, opting not to answer the question, apparently. His arms move quickly and soon I'm bridal style in them. I can't bring myself to ask anything or say anything....

My entire body reacts to him without my consent. I press myself closer to him and wrap my arms tightly around him. Tingles spread through me, and my eyes close shut.

"Angel, don't worry. We'll be home soon." The man says, running his fingers through my hair soothingly. He wipes tears away that I didn't even know were falling.

"Don't hurt me." I mumble, not even able to stop the words from falling from my mouth. I move my head to rest on his chest.

"I won't ever hurt you, sweetheart. I love you. It's alright to fall asleep if you want, it's a couple hours until my home."

And I do.

***************

"Sweetheart." I hear a voice say, and someone shakes me lightly. I don't attempt to move but snuggle closer to the warmth around me. A kiss is placed at the corner of my mouth and I can't help the smile that crosses my face.

I open my eyes to see the man from last night. His arms are around me and my arms are around him. "Hey angel. How did you sleep?"

"Well." I answer, pulling back from his warmth despite his arms trying to wrap around me again.

"So angel, I bet you're wondering why you're here, and we'll get to that. But first, I think we should get know each other. And eat, if you're hungry." His voice is gentle, like he doesn't want to scare me.

In that moment, I snap out of my trance. This man is terrifying. He somehow convinced me that I am attracted to him or something. When he reaches out a hand I flinch back reflexively.

"Angel, I won't hurt you...." He whispers. I can't quite bring myself to believe him, I mean he did kidnap me....

I move further away from him, my heart racing. "Don't hurt me!" I scream just as he reaches out to touch me.

"Sweetheart... I love you. I'm sorry..." He closes the distance between us and hugs me.

I stay rigid this time despite the part of me that wants to relax against him. When he pulls back, I inch away from him.

"Come on. Let's eat breakfast. I'll explain everything later I promise."

I nod hesitantly and start toward the door. He stops me before I reach it and forces my hand into his. As I try to pull away, he tightens his grip and I can't detach my hand from his. Eventually I give up and allow him to guide me down the stairs.