Chapter 6

Guys, thanks for the 3K reads!!! I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue the story but now I want to because of all your enthusiasm. 💖💖

Will's POV

Vels was my life, my fire, my everything. Truth be told, it was kind of scary how much I loved her.... We still hadn't said it, but I knew I would soon. The thing is, I hardly even knew her and I felt this way. 

Right now, she was cuddled into my side, asleep. I couldn't fall asleep because I was worried about what I've been hiding from her. After a while, she stirred in my arms and turned to face me.

"Will, you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just look upset, that's all." She rubbed my forehead with her thumb.

"Don't worry about anything." I reassured her, despite my own worries.

"Okay, well I know something's wrong, but you don't have to tell me right away if you don't want to." With those final words, she snuggled into me again and fell back asleep.

Evelia's POV

I woke up only to see Will was still asleep. His face made him appear tired which made me wonder about whatever he was hiding.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Will?" A woman asked from the other side of the door. I moved to stand directly in front of the door.

"Um, he's sleeping. This is Evelia." I said tentatively.

The door swung open with no warning and hit me in the face. I fell to the ground with a thump.

"Oh my gosh!! Evelia honey, are you alright??"

"Um, I think so but my nose kinda hurts..." I said as the mysterious woman helped me up.

"Vels why'd you get up so early?" Will mumbled as he lazily got out of bed. He blinked sleep out of his eyes before they widened.

I still had my hand in the woman's and was leaning my weight on hers as I felt a little dizzy.

"Oh my god!! Mom! What'd you do to Evelia?!"

"I accidentally might've slammed a door in her face......"

He sighed and then turned to me. "Are you okay? You're bleeding...."

I nodded but felt beneath my nose and pulled my hand back to see blood on it. Will pulled me gently away from his mom and picked me up bridal style.

"You're beginning to make a habit of getting injured. You know that I can carry you even if you're healthy right? And you could always ask for my attention." He had a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. 

"Sorry." He muttered, the smirk dropping from his face as he noticed that I was annoyed. 

"Put me down." I ordered. 

"No, you're hurt, I need to carry you..."

I huffed but didn't answer. This was starting to seem like a mistake. I've been around Will for too long now. I needed to get away as soon as possible. 

Sorry this is a short chapter. I'll make the next one longer I just didn't want you guys to have to wait so long for an update.