Chapter 14

Will's POV

Evelia was finally warming up to me. It felt like forever I've been wishing for this. She's exactly how I'd imagined. Strong, smart, and beautiful.

Well, maybe not exactly how I imagined. I thought that we would be inseparable from the beginning. I thought that the moment our eyes met would be special and romantic. I guess I've always figured that girls would be into that hopeless romantic type stuff, but I generalized. Not all girls are into mates like that.

"Will...." Evelia said quietly.

"Yeah? What's up?" I asked, without looking at her. I was still in my own head.

"Can I have something to eat? Can we order something? Or I'll make something? I just really need food right now please!" She rambled, tugging on my arm.

"Yes, I'll order you something. What do you want to eat?"

She paused with a thoughtful look on her face. "I want pizza. No, wait! Chinese food!!!!"

"Okay, Chinese food it is," I chuckled. Vels smiled and hugged me. As she pulled away she left a kiss on my cheek and then grinned. I was shocked, but I simply smiled back.

When the food arrived, we sat on the couch to watch a movie as we ate. Evelia seemed happy, and it made me feel happy too. She meant everything to me. It was weird to think that she just started to feel the same way. It was natural for us to be together.

"So, do you want your own room?" I asked hesitantly after she said she was starting to feel tired.

She smiled a bit and then nodded. Of course, I was the one who asked, so I'd have to deal with it. I wouldn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

"You can be across the hall from me. Wake me if you need anything." I said, before heading in to my room and falling asleep.

Evelia's POV

I was really glad Will didn't pressure me to stay in his room. I was just getting comfortable around him and starting to trust him. I would've felt really awkward staying in the room with him.

As I drifted off, I thought about my sister. I hoped that she was doing well, and was happy. She was always the independent type; I knew she was always wanting to move out. I only hoped that she found the right place and was with people she could trust. Maybe she already found her mate.

As much as I didn't want to, I knew I would have to look for her. I couldn't trust my parents, as they wouldn't be bothered. I would have to tell Will (and possibly Christian) about what happened so that I would have help looking for her.

My plan would be to find her, and depending on where she was...be prepared to rescue her.

QOTC: What's your favorite thing to do in the summer?

Mine is probably going to the beach. I'm a huge beach bum haha.