Chapter 5

Evelia's POV

"So, where do you live?" I asked Will as we pulled out of my driveway.

"I live in New Hampshire. I'm the future alpha of the Thorns pack."

"Woah. Isn't that on like the other side of the country?!"

"Yeah. Which is why we're going to the airport and then we'll take a plane."

"Oh, okay." I said more to myself than to him.

He put his hand on my knee. "Everything will be fine, Vels."

I smiled a little despite how uncomfortable I was. "I hope so..." I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes.

"Wait, oh my God...."

"What?" Will asked, concerned.

"I just realized my parents might not know about Jace!!!"

"Just call them later, okay?"

"Okay." I sighed and closed my eyes again.

**************

The next thing I knew someone was carrying me.

"You fell asleep." Will whispered in my ear as I looked around in confusion. We were in the airport.

"How much longer until our flight?" I whined as he sat down with me still in his arms.

"An hour."

"Noooooooo!!!!" I said a little too loudly, causing a couple people to look at us weirdly.

"Shhh..., it's okay." Will whispered creepily, petting my hair in an attempt to get me to shut up. I pouted and got up, sitting a few chairs away. "Vels, don't be like that." A smile tugged at my lips but I held it back, trying to keep my angry face on. "I'm sorry, okay?" He got up and came towards me. As soon as he was nearby he held out his arms and I reluctantly hugged him.

"I'm still mad at you." I told him, my voice muffled against his shirt.

"I know." With that, he suddenly picked me up bridal style and we went back to our luggage.

**************

"How much longer is it now??" I asked after I felt a decent amount of time had passed.

"55 minutes."

"Ughhh." I laid down on the chairs with my head in Will's lap.

**************

"We now begin boarding for flight 371 to New Hampshire. First class boarders begin boarding."

I sighed and figured we weren't first class until Will starting pulling me up and that's when I realized I finally would have leg room!

********

Once we were on the plane I started to panic a little. I've been on my fair share of planes but I was afraid of them...

"Are you okay?" Will asked as he noticed my panic.

"Um....., I'm just a little afraid of plane rides....." I admitted.

"Just think about something that gives you comfort."

Immediately I thought of my sister.....

"Do you think that my sister's alright? I wonder why she wasn't home when we were there..."

Will said nothing but rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

***********

Once the plane landed, Will and I rushed off. It was a very boring flight. Then we waited for our luggage before leaving the airport.

As we drove back (or rather got driven by Will's friend) Will asked me a lot of personal questions. I gave vague answers. If I get close to him it'll be harder for me to leave. I need to leave as soon as possible because otherwise I could catch feelings for him. I don't want to be controlled by a mate.

He picked me up bridal style to carry me to his room. I would've resisted but I felt pretty lazy so I just leaned my head against his chest and went with it.