Seventeen: Racing

Andie knocked on my door a little earlier than I was expecting. Well, maybe the fact that I expect her around two in the morning has something to do with it. It was ten right now, and I opened the door and leaned against the side to greet her. 

"What's up?" I asked, crossing my arms against my chest. 

She clicked inside and away from the cold before answering with, "A Christmas party!"

 "Is this not a lesson then?" I wondered, going to grab my shoes. 

"It's an evaluation lesson. Just like lesson one." 

I shook my head in understanding, standing to my full height to walk out with her. She laced her arm in mine, but I stopped her before we could leave, "We are taking one of my cars. I refuse to sit in your icebox." 

"Hey!" She pushed my shoulder, "Be nice to my car!"

I raised my eyebrows at her, "Did you want to take your car?" 

"Well now, I never said that." She said while she chose the car she wanted to take and handed to keys to me, "I just mentioned that my car is sensitive."

I smirked at her as she led me down to the where I had parked my car. Apparently this party was at one of Andie's friend's places. And apparently they lived in the middle of nowhere. It took half an hour to get there, not counting the multiple times we got lost. Finally we pulled up to the old brick house that was smashed up against duplicate houses. Andie said that the house belonged to her friend Kat, and, as terrifying as this sounds, I would know her when I see her. 

 We walked up to her door with our hands shoved deep into our pockets. Andie was the one who knocked, and the door was opened by a very unique individual. She had green and black hair, with about seven earrings climbing up her ear, complete with tattoos on her arm that had concordances to different places, and a Santa dress that showed off her tan legs. I think this may be Kat.

 "Andie!" She squealed as she wrapped the poor girl in a rib crushing hug. She stopped when Andie started choking on her own lack of breath, and then turned to me. The gaze in her brown eyes was intense and it made me shift uncomfortably. "Andie, who is this and where can I get one?" 

"Harry," Andie coughed, "meet Kat." 

"How do you do?" I asked, reluctantly sticking my hand out to greet her. 

 "Oh, hun," She said as if I was innocent, before she pulled me down into a very tight hug. I looked to Andie for help to get the odd girl off of me, but all she did was shrug. "You're so cute!" Kat told me when she let go, "And tattooed." She glided her long orange finger nails down my tattooed arm, and this is the only moment when I ever regretted getting them. 

"Kat, darling, you're making him uncomfortable." Andie said as she pulled Kat away from me, "Let's go inside to people who are used to your personality, yeah?" 

 Kat mumbled something, but climbed back inside anyway. Andie turned back to me and started laughing, "I'm sorry about her." 

 "It's okay. Kat seemed, uh, friendly." I replied awkwardly.

 "Sure, let's go with friendly. All my friends are like that, but most aren't so bold about it."

I gripped onto Andie's hand, "Please don't leave me alone with them." I begged.

"Wouldn't dream of it. Now come on, it's freezing out here." 

She led me inside the warm house that was bustling with people. Andie led me around introducing me to people. I actually responded to them this time. I wasn't the biggest talker, but I didn't completely ignore them. I think Andie was proud of me, and I know that I was proud of myself. This was going so much better than the last party that we attending together. Her friends are lovely actually, although some are just as bold as Andie, if not more audacious. Scary thought, right?